Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Serving in Mar del Plata

Elder Roberts & Elder Cano
Flia Galli our neighbors in Olavarria
Paraguay Food in Argentina
Hey watsup

1st off I think Jimmer was fouled.  Bad call by the refs haha jk.

It's all good here. Weather is a lil more like Olavarria and not San Diego coldish stuff haha.

On Tuesday of last week I went on divisions with Elder Snow from Layton (and just b4 I don't forget, I don't know Juan Joglar, friend of Shari but I will ask around. There are 3 stakes here so I'll try to find him.) Anyways, he only has almost 2 months in Argyworld but his Spanish is good for only lil time. He can understand and talk good. I was impressed haha. My 1st month I was trying to pick out words haha. But he came to my area and it was kinda funny cuz we were lookin at the map for most of the time cuz I'm new here too lol. But it helped me to get the area down better haha cuz I think I still don't even know Olavarria. It was cool being the Sr comp. Lil different, but it went pretty good. We had one lesson where this guy David was asking these good questions that we could answer gr8 if we were speakin English haha. That was a hard part cuz he had gr8 questions but we couldn't get our point across as good. Elder Cano and I are passing by him Wed.

We had an investigator come to church. His name is Dionisio and he's 80 yrs old and Saturday we passed by his house with a member (Kostiuck - the guy in the photo from last week who gives me besos) and that really helped him feel more comfortable about goin to church. Hermano Kostiuck is hilarious. He is an energetic guy and it's not rare for him to stand up and explain somethin with like his whole body haha.

Also, this week we passed by some Jehovahs witnesses and they let us in their house for us to teach and they also kinda wanted to take that time to teach us some stuff too. If I were a person without a religion and heard them talk it would be hard to follow them cuz there is nothin spiritual about it. They are kinda stubborn and you couldn't feel the spirit from their teachings which makes the spirit so important in our religion cuz we aren't just teachin words kinda like they were. And it was funny cuz they kept talkin and we were trying to leave cuz there was not much point in stayin and comp set the alarm on the phone as if some 1 was callin ¨oops gotta go¨ haha I remember dad asked about the religions here like a week ago and it kinda reminded me as if your religion is kinda your sports team.  Just something I've kinda noticed.

Que mas my espñ is getting better. I don't really like speaking English. Thats kinda why I haven't taught comp much of it hahaha. It's fun to talk in espñ and to have your brain think of other ways to explain things. Mi encanta hablar todos los dias en espñ es divertido a mi estoy tratando tener mi espñ mas rapido cuando estoy hablando a personas.

Comp is funny haha. He's hilarious. I cant really think of funny things he says, but he's hilarious and at the same time hes a gr8 missionary. People love him haha.

We found some more inv and Pres set the challenge for until he gets released in June to get 1000 baptisms for the 6 more months. We got like 828 bapt all last year. He's really done a lot for this mission in raising the bar. I heard that probably in 2015ish they might have a MDP mission and a Bahia Blanca mission but it could be just a rumor.

We played some more ball today with the zone leaders, Elder Miñoz and Elder Corrientes (the american argy) he's white as snow, but is from Argy haha.

Now I'm going to send photos. 

Love 
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts 

y ps thanks for the photos scott. I am a fan of graffiti. They have some sweet ones here. Who knows, I may have graffiti on the side of my house one day. Maybe of Jimmer hahaha and I love your Joseph Smith pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment