Monday, February 6, 2012

Investigators come to church! Witnessed boxing!

Watsup

hahaha we are writing way early today. It's like 7 in Utah and hope you write b4 I get off lol.

We're writing early cuz comp is going to a leader meeting thing in Bahia and he leaves at 3 Argytime and it's 11 right now, so we have to email now.

We finally had investys in church. They're Ariel 32 y Gonzalo 24 y 3 sons of Ariel. One is 9 and he's assisted church like 2 wks ago. He's the kid that we talked to and got all his directions, etc cuz his friend brought him. Ariel y Gonzalo are friends and their life has been pretty hard and is hard for them and they really want to change their life around. On Saturday night we passed by their house and we went with Hno Kostiouk and he's kinda like an Argy Coach Harris. He can get you pumped up about stuff and he, I think, really made them want to assist church. The church is exactly what they need. They don't have jobs. They're goin to have to move soon, cuz there livin in the house of the parents of Gonzalo and the mom said they can stay there til the other people move in, in like 2 days, and so church for them is kinda like the only thing they have goin for them.

We started out the church day with no inv and comp was kinda down and the Bishop and I, who's awesome, was like, "Don't lose faith," and the inv showed up during the 2nd class. Sac is 1st here and they went and sat down in the sac meeting of the other ward cuz they're sac meeting is last. So we sat with them in that meeting.

haha we had another inv show up yesterday and we didn't even know til today that he showed up. We passed by his house yesterday and we said something like, "Hey you know, we missed you at church" and he was like, "I went to your church, what are you talkin bout." haha comp and I are like, "Are you sure?" "Yeah yeah I'm not lying." And also this guy is kinda weird/drunk haha and so comp and I didn't really think much of it cuz he's pretty wack lol.  So today we're with Elder Muñoz, my calarco, and they're in the other ward in the same building and they were like, "You guys had an inv show up for a lil bit yesterday, but he left." So it turns out that he did show up lol.

I'm going to be with Elder Knutson til Wed morning and his trainer is Elder Thomas, my trainer. And also Elder Thomas is almost done with his mish. He ends next week. wowo time flies! I remember when he was like, "Wow I can't believe I have been out 1yr 5 months" and now he's almost done.

I got the package from Paul and Karen. Thanks for that! It's awesome!!

haha funny story. Right after we got done emailing last week we were walking and these 2 motorcycles go by and they kinda honked at each other. (The drivers were both like 20 yr old men with their girlfriend's with them.) And so we keep walking. I just thought they were friends saying watsup and like 20 more sec of walking we're kinda at a corner and both the bikes are parked and hahaha I see one of the guys doing like a Mohammed Ali boxing dance kinda showin off and the other guy is kinda following him and the dude is just like dancing and I'm like SWEET they're goin to do a lil boxing match. (Here teens box for fun, so I didn't really think of it seriously like they were goin to fight.) So we're still watchin and walkin haha and the dude that was doin the Ali dance laid out the other guy who is actually taller haha. The girlfriend of the guy, that was getting his butt kicked, was like,"Stop stop!" and kinda kicked the other guy hahaha. It was pretty cool cuz you know I'm a fan of boxing and turns out it was a real fight haha hahaha. I'll never forget the guy dancing lol. That was classic! I wanted to keep watchin and you know maybe be the ref like, "1..2..3 winner!!!" lol but we kept walkin like we should. And also they did it in some random persons front yard haha haha. Random things you see in Argyworld.

What else hmm I just love seein Ariel and Gonzalo tryin to change their lives and become better people. You can see it in them, that they wanna stop being who they are. And no doubt the church will help them.

My espn is doin good. I just got an email so I'm goin to read it real quick.

Love,
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment