Monday, January 9, 2012

Transfered to Mar Del Plata!

Heyyy thereee!

So the mission trade deadline went down and guess what? I've been traded from Olavarria to Antartida Mar Del Plata!!! It's crazy, we got transfers Friday at 4ish and I'm here writing from Mar Del Plata. My days are now over in Olavarria! My new companion is from Paraguay. His name is Elder Cano and he knows about as much English as I know espñ after a few days in the mtc hahaha. It's gr8! No more English, but he says that I need to help him learn English.  He already knows 3 languages.  espn, a paraguayan language - guateni, (spencer will probably have to learn that) and brazilian, cuz he lives by brazil haha. My area is the 3rd area from the beach by where we were for ¨super p day¨ and its cool we can see the view of the city of Mar Del from our house with the buildings and stuff. It's about a 15-20 min taxi ride from here. I left Olavarria at 8:20 pm argy time and arrived at Mar del plata (mdp) at 1:20 am. I came here with Elder Muñoz, my old leader of the zone in olavarria. He's still my zl and his area is right by me.  It's pretty sweet. He's a gr8 guy. It's more of a city here. I'm still kinda far from the actual city, where centro is and all that, but there's more cars. I think we saw some ballers arriving in Mar Del last night cuz there's not many black people here and they were carrying their gym bags and I wanted to yell, "Watssup!" haha Maybe I'll get to go to a game haha. But it's cool here. I like it, my house is huge! We live in these apartment buildings. There's like 50 plus in this little area thing. I'll never forget what no. we are - 32, jimmers byu haha. But yeah the apartment is huge! You walk in and there is a big living room thing that'll be my work out place. I might even be able to to sprints in it haha. Then there's a kitchen, a bathroom, another room that doesn't get used, our study room and then our bedroom. It's sweet! My last house, I didn't realize how small it was. Kinda thought that most mish houses were like that and maybe they are but it was tiny.

If you don't know where mdp is, it's like on the right of the mission, bottom right and I'm by San Martin. I don't think Antartida is an actual place just the name of a road in our area.

So I've got that adjustment now. It'll be good. I actually have more time on the mish then my comp, ok by 24 hrs, but yeah. I still have more  haha. But he's been speakin espñ for 21 more yrs then me hahaha. He's gr8! He likes bball. He said he was kinda sad that his last comp didn't want to play bball, just soccer haha.

I have pretty much no idea how the investigators are here. I think they've had a lot lately. Which reminds me, Leonel y Florencia in Olavarria. Leonel said he did all the reading we gave him and he says he wants to share the gospel with his friends at work.  He works nights and he said whenever he has 10 to 20 min he will read!! But then I got transferred haha. Cecilia showed up for church with Nico her other son we want to bapt!

It's funny, right now my screen has like 90 percent of the words with the red underline thing cuz its in eng not espn lol. I'm defiantly a bad speller.

I have church from 10 to 1 here and the church isn't even in our area. Sacrament meeting and a principles class with the less actives and new members, then a priesthood. The ph thing is about George Albert Smith but we don't have books yet haha. And this yr is also bout the b o m.

I used my sleeping bag in Olavarria, but here I don't think I will right now cuz its hot. But I might get it for like a blanket thing. There are some bugs that I've seen that I've never seen b4 like a small lime green one.

Today I was reading the tribute to Pres. Hinkley in the Ensign magazine that they have here and I read Uncle Earl's talk bout the sand footprints. I loved his story where he was taking an elevator and Pres. Hinkley just started to use his cane and saw Earl go in and Pres. said  something like, "I'm going to be taking the stairs." haha. And also the ¨You all look like a bunch of penguins.¨ haha to everyone in their suits.

Well, I don't have much time. Thx for all and keep prayin for me. I need them :)

love the church it is tru and love u all
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment