Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference in Argentina!


¨Hello!!¨ President Monson style hahahhaha

That man is amazing, haha he's so awesome and so funny haha.

I enjoyed conf this weekend! It was awesome!! I listened to all of it in English except for the very 1st talk in espñ by Elder Scott which was translated by him in espñ by the way. He knows espñ. That got me wondering if Kevin did his talk in espñ too or did they have the translators do it for him. They set up a little room for 6 of us elders to listen to it in English. Hermana (Sis) Fee was there and 2 other Argy girls that know Eng. I really enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk and I also liked Elder Ardern, that british accent chap, about spending your time wisely. Did anyone else think he had the sultriest tones known to man? haha I love his voice. I loved all the talks. Can't wait til they come out in the Liahona. I  also loved Barbara Thompson from Sat morning about personal revelation.

Conference started at 1pm to 3 then 5pm to 7. The priesthood session was at 9 to 11. But because we can't stay up that late we watched it Sunday morning at 10 am. It was all in espñ..ugh. My favorite part though, was when Pres. Monson was moving back and forth and around like he's on a bus. (I think that's what it's about cuz I heard him say bus in English over the espñ translator.) So that was probably my favorite talk hahah since I have no idea what anyone else talked about. haha The translator talked pretty fast hñrgjñagrhgrhgjrkrg and so I don't know what the priesthood session was bout. I'll just wait for the Liahona for the talks haha.

I love what they're doing with the new temples. Elder Fee, one of the elderly missionary couples, served in Paris and he and his wife served in Africa. So it was a great day especially for him. 3 new temples on the same day where he's served. Hna Fee about jumped out the roof when they announced the african temple. I can't wait til they call a temple here in Bahia Blanca!!!! My goal is to be serving here when they call it!! We may need some more members around Bahia Area, but as Luke 1:37 always says, "For with God nothing shall be impossible!" So with that on my mind, and determination, why can't we get a temple while I'm here? I have what, 3 more chances? Thats my goal!! ¨New temple in Bahia Blanca Arg.¨ I'm going to stand up wherever I am, put my hands in the air and scream! Then start doing the Charleston hahaha that will be a great day...luke 1:37 :)

Thanks for the pics. Didn't do really good with getting investigators to church. Alicia was the only one that showed up and she could only stay for 30 min. I wish they could have all come because it would have helped them a ton! It just hurts me that they weren't there ugh. But oh well, today's a new day!

I am felling better. I was a little achy, more kinda just tired. I didn't even work out this last week cuz i needed to reserve my strength for the day.
Remember how I said it was like 80 last Monday? Well, it's been pretty much kinda cold since. haha It rained like crazy one day, it was Wednesday, I think, and we had a zone leader with us also for the day cuz his comp went to another area for business. We taught a really good lesson to this mid 20 yr old named Gabriela. We were outside about 4 or 5ish. Then as we were going home it started to rain. We got home, got our jackets, then went out again. We went under a big tree for a little bit cuz it was just pouring!! Then we saw this lightening brightly go and like a second later or less a big boom like a canon went off! I wasn't as freaked out as I have been before about lightening cuz I feel protected and I know I am on a mission, but I still was freaking out hahaha. Lightening and thunder are my weakness hahaha.

Espñ is doing alright, still there. I have talked to people a little more. It's still one of my weaknesses. I'm trying though. My comp and I are starting now to only talk in espñ in the streets. No english, so i know that will help me a ton!!!
How's lucy!!? Still walking her?!!

Today we went to Centro. Centro is a place that like 99% of cities. It's like downtown slc with stores, footlocker type stores. Just everything. I love it cuz there's a ton of little stores that are awesome!! Lets just say you guys (6 fam members) would go crazy (mainly girls) here especially you girls. I saw a store full of purses and girl shoes, and they aren't like payless shoes. There are some fancy designs that I've never seen! And it's awesome how everything here, compared to the us dollar is cheaper! Like 100 peso shoes are $25. Now think of nice shoes for 100 dollars in us and you can get them for 25 us dollars here. haha It's awesome!! You guys would love it! Went to ¨El Superclasico¨ which is a store with tons of Soccer 90 % and 10 % bball. I know for sure the Holdstocks would go insane in there. They have everything, Messi jerseys, Ronaldo jerseys, other jerseys, socks, shorts and just random memorabilia. I was looking at a Bball section and what did I find? A Favring Manu Ginobili Argentina jersey!!!! no. 5! I did buy it. It cost 90 pesos which is about 35 us dollars. Not bad I say! So that was kinda my christmas gift! haha

Our investigators aren't really moving much. We just need to keep being persistent with investigators like Luis and Adrian. Alicia is probably closest to bapt.
The music in general conference (for espñ was in English, like Mo Tab). Saw Bro. Poulson aww yeah.
That's sweet Soelbergs is done. Can they change it to Soulbergs lol. Yeah it's nice here. If you want fresh bread you can go kitty corner and buy some. If you need basically anything, you can walk to a little store called Kiosco´s and they have like all your necessities. Ham, cheese, pretty much anything.

I love you all. I know this church is true and no one, no thing, nothing can change my mind. There are so many evidences that this church is true. Why would any one die for a religion if it wasnt true, like Joseph Smith. If you've ever read the Book of Mormon with real intent, you know without a doubt its true. Your life begins to change. You feel peaceful and happier. I know God is real and his son, Jesus Christ, is our savior and I know that we are never alone. Our Father in Heaven loves us with a perfect knowledge!!!

Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
Luke 1:37 imma see the temple called here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment