Monday, October 24, 2011

Elections in Argentina!

Basketball!!  (Notice the the person on the Gatorade - Manu!!)

Buenaaas!
Happy Birthday again mom. I have to say it again cuz your Bday was in the middle of the week haha FELIZ CUMPLE!
All is terrific here! The weather is getting warmer and warmer!

There were elections yesterday, so we had 1 hr of church, but it lasted 1hr 15min cuz there were 2 speakers who gave like 30 min talks. haha. One old man, maybe 80 or 90, gave a talk and he was talking about hymns and he started to say the words to the song ¨tengo gozo en mi alma hoy¨ in eng ¨there is sunshine in my soul today¨ and then he started to sing it haha. It was awesome this old man singing away. He only did a lil bit, but it was great haha!
It's a law for every citizen above the age 18 to vote, so that is why there was a lot of voters like 70%.
So Christina won. Yeah her signs are all over the place. And it's funny cuz all of the running presidents who are trying to make this country better always make it worse with all their fliers and posters cuz a lot of it ends up as garbage in the street. The other day we were knocking a door and I was watching the workers, who hand out fliers at each door, ¨vote Christina¨ stuff and they just throw it in front of the house and sometimes they give like 2 to 3 to a door. Its funny!
A popular dish in Argentina
This last week I read the letter from Nancy and Kevin Duncan. The one they gave to the new missionaries. And I read the 10 parts of it and a thing that comp and I are doing now from that is contact 10 people a day, personal 20 total. That is great i love it and it helps!
We were doing that and knocked a house of a women, Natalia, low 30s and we gave her a lesson at the door and she seemed like a good inv. Also, went by another house a women low 20´s and taught her in her door. Comp and I will say, "Do you have 5 min so we can talk about gospel?" If they say yes it always seems to average bout 20 min cuz people do get interested and they listen to us. We taught a teenage boy, 17 named Alexis yesterday and he seems like another good inv. We have an appointment today with him. He's a smily 17 yr old and seems like a good kid. Future missionary aye! haha We taught Eileen and Luis and her Boyfriend. At 1st it was just her and her boyfriend, then Luis came home. He was High on drugs. He came and sat with us and he would just stare at the top of the wall like he's in the zone and then he'd start laughing and also he'd walk to the corner of the house to go into the kitchen and then he'd come right back and sit down. One time he was also staring at me for like 3 min straight. lol It was a lil funny cuz he was so out of it. But at the same time it's sad. So don't do drugs kids. It was a good lesson. I hope they do their part and read the Book of Mormon and pray.
Got a reference for a man who has a family of 7. His lil son is friends with a member. His son and him went to his son's friends baptism and that made him interested. We taught him yesterday. He's one of those guys, ¨Oh yeah, I've listened to a lil of every religion" but doesn't have a set one. We really hope all goes well with him. His son's name who went to the baptism is Nachoooooooooo!!  No joke haha I was smiling when his lil bro would call his name haha. Adrian Gonzalez, we haven't taught him since last Sat cuz he's never home, but we keep trying!
Horse Meat
On Tuesdays we go with the Elder and Hna Fee, the elderly couple, to Laprida which is bout an hour & 15 min from our house, but still technically in our boundaries. We are kinda testing it out there to see if the interest of the gospel is there to know if President should put some missionaries there some day. The drive there is like this________ flat hahaha just a bunch of fields, some trees. It's crazy and sometimes it hurts my eyes lol. I'm going to take my camera tomorrow and take some pics cuz it's so weird haha.

Comp and I played BBALL today! It felt soooo good! My shot was kinda good. It has been almost 3 months since I've actually played, so my game was a lil ¨eh¨ but thats alright. I'm happy with my form tho.
BASKETBALL!!!  (Or just "basket" in Argentina)
They do have Halloween here. I just don't know if kids actually go door to door. If so we'll defiantly pass out B o M´s hahaha. It's spiritual candy and the taste lasts forever. haha
I also don't need any colored pencils for scriptures, I bought some in the mtc, but thanks.
Yeah yeah Sub thats awesome being on varsity I'm going to guarantee you´ll play, I'm guaranteeing it right now!  So be ready :) yeah and what number are you wearing better be the tres uno hahaha jk congrats to Jodi and Sim thats awesome!
V thats sweet you're getting Braces!

It was funny yesterday we walked by a street and some drunks were yelling, ¨Spies of Bush¨ haha ¨Return to your country¨ funny.

Espñ is doing alright. Still needs work. I can understand what's being talked bout more. In district meetings and stuff I have really tried to do what Michael Sorensen gave me advice to do, which is to really try and listen. It could be soo easy to get distracted and not listen cuz you don't know what they're saying, but since I'm really trying my espñ is better. So thanks Michael it helps a ton!

I read Chalo's email and I understood most of it or what he was trying to say. Thanks that's awesome!

Its cool, lately I've been doing great not thinking bout Babylon and stuff like that. I feel different and better. Also, I am really loving sharing the gospel. It brings me joy! Just seeing Alicia this past week and she's doing awesome with not smoking and everything. She says she feels better and sometimes when she gets cravings to smoke she walks, so she's awesome. Also, Melanie seems to have become more interested in the church since being baptized. It's amazing seeing the results before and after Baptism even just seeing them you can tell there's something different with them! amazing!

Well everyone keep being Capos and keep choosing the right
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment