Monday, October 10, 2011

Teaching in a tent!

Hola everyone out there! all is good here!

This week went really well!! Comp and I kind of made it a goal to talk to more people in the streets and stuff. So we did that and we could really see big results from that.

We were walking one day and we talked to this lady outside of a kiosco (a lil store) u know trying to talk to more people and she was interested and told us to come by later in the week. So we did and we knocked at her door and as we did that, her bro pulled up and said she wasn't home and to come by again. But then we went around their house to take a short cut and we saw her outside by this tent. She told us to come inside and we can talk to her family as well. Now this tent thing was like 40 feet wide and bout 10 to 20 ft high and it was a lil weird cuz they had some beds set up and a tv so it looked like they were going to have a party. Also on the side inside the tent they were cutting open a pig lol the pig was all clean and stuff no guts just the meat part lol. Alyssa probably would have thrown up bahaha..Anyways we started to talk to this lady that we met the other day at the lil store and her dad was listening too. They both seemed interested. There was also bout 15 other family members in this tent, but the only ones that listened to us was the girl and dad. Then a truck pulled up with 4 men. We think bros of the dad and one of them asked us what we believe in..they arrived at the end of our lesson with the girl.. so we kinda taught the men all over again. We got like 8 new investigators out of that visit and were going to meet with them again this week.

Also, Alicia our investigator has a baptismal date for this Saturday!! We went by her house yesterday and when we asked her if she wanted to get baptized Saturday she started laughing and we couldn't tell if she was going to say no or yes, but then she pretty much said yes of course. We kinda surprised her that we could baptize her this Saturday. She said she has known the church is true ever since Elder Thomas and I taught her about the plan of salvation, and she said she always wants to feel the spirit!! The problem with her is that she smokes and so we need to teach her bout that and she has some doubts bout tithing so we need to teach her bout that too. But so far she's been very acceptive to the gospel so i don't think that she'll have many problems!!

Since comp and I have been speaking only in Spanish in the street (they actually made that a mission rule now, only espñ in street and when you're with 3 or more missionaries) my espñ has improved a ton. On our way to a 30 min walk lunch I gave my comp the 1st lesson in espñ. Obviously I didn't talk a whole ton bout it cuz I'm still learning, but i did what i could, it was pretty cool. Also, yesterday at sacrament meeting I was able to get sentences out and understand a lot of what people were saying. It's pretty sweet lol

Hey do we have that Mother Teresa quote at home where she says its not between you and people its just between you and the lord? If you still have that on the side of the fridge could you email it to me that quote cuz I like it and I actually think it could help investigators. gracias

This week we did some door knocking in an area we don't go to alot and its all dirt roads and open fields with some trees haha its pretty cool i think..no mountains haha.

In district meeting I gave a lil lesson about how we can baptize thousands of people like Ammon, Aaron, etc from the Book of Mormon. I said with God, faith and the spirit, we can do it! That has been on my mind a lot (how they were able to bapt a ton ) and I can just imagine them talking to everyone in the street and it also said how they taught with the spirit so that kinda sparked comp and I to try to talk to everyone. Cuz I think its is totally possible to get a lot of baptisms. I don't just want to baptize a lot for the big numbers I want to convert and bring people to Christ. Cuz if you think about it we see a ton of people each day and a lot of them are probably ready for baptism, we just need to open our mouth.

Showed some members some of the pics you sent me and they saw the one of Scott and Clayton and they asked me if Scott is funny just from seeing that pic haha i started to laugh and said "si" haha. Also they asked me if mom was one of my sisters. They were like oh thats your mom haha.

Still need to find a card for you mom. We didn't have time today cuz we shopped this morning (they have no cards at wal mart) then went to lunch with all our district at the Fee´s house (the elderly couple) and then it was siesta time after and plus its some holiday today so most of the stores are closed. So for sure next week mom l'll send that card for you haha.

Is there anything I want for Christmas? I think I'm pretty good with stuff lol I wont mind the gift of tongues hahahahha.
The sports updates aren't really distracting. I've been doing alot better this week. Not thinking bout bball, sports etc. So if you think it'll be distracting for me then you don't have to tell me whats goin on. But they aren't that distracting as much now so your fine if you send them.
Dad who is the principal where you work? Did you say you work at some place in tooele where all students from the 3 schools go to? Or do you work at THS and students just meet there. And nice work on the survey thing! Hey V thats pretty crazy how you had that needle in you! wow! It's also sweet how everyone knows you now from it.

My health is doing better not sick anymore!

My 2nd transfer in arg is almost over it ends this week. Wow time flies! i could be out of Olavaria. I don't think I will be, but who knows. It kinda reminds me of trade deadline day in the NBA. You just get a call on Friday and they tell you where your going if your going somewhere and then you leave to your new place on Sunday I'll  try not to make it make me think to much of NBA trade deadline day lol. But I think Olavarria has interest in me for one more transfer at least or I may get traded to Bahia. Who knows lol.

Thanks for all i love u all
Te amo
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment