Monday, October 17, 2011

Glad to be staying in Olavarria with same Comp!

Happy Birthday mom this week and also Happy Mothers day!! haha yeah it was mothers day yesterday lol. That was a lil weird having it in Oct. I got you a card. It should be to you in 2 weeks or whatever!

I am reporting from Olavarria, so I'm still here for another transfer! I'm pretty excited about it. I love it here. It is growing on to me, and plus my comp is a capo! So I'm glad I'm here (still have same comp).

We baptized Alicia on Saturday! She quit smoking on Monday and hasn't smoked since. She is a strong person like spiritually and stuff. My comp baptized her and confirmed her as well! Now we will be trying to work with her two daughters. Comp and I feel like they will be good investigators soon. We haven't taught them, but we both feel that one day they'll be baptized, just one of those feelings kinda things.

It's starting to warm up a lil. It's still a lil bit cool to me. I'm excited to try out this humidity thing hahah. Everyone I think I've ever talked to says they hate it haha.

Espñ is doing pretty good. I actually had a dream last night that dad and gma merlyn and chalo were speaking in espñ. So that is my 1st dream in espñ! I did also do that lesson in district meeting in espñ but I mostly read from BoM. It helps to have a great memory in learning a language cuz what I do is learn a word then say it in a sentence. Maybe think about it for a few min and then it's in my head. I'm thankful for that gift, instead of having to write it down i just remember it. It's a great blessing!

Yesterday at sacrament meeting some Dominican Republic man spoke and he had a different accent and he talked soooo much slower then anyone here. It was great!
Also, yesterday we attended (dang it i forgot how to say that in eng) someone and it was a referral that we got from the other elders. Eileen, a 16 year old and her bro Luis and  then her boyfriend showed up and we taught the 3 of them. Eileen is interested but is still trying to get over the Joseph Smith prophet thing and BoM. Her bro is lil interested. He likes to smoke. It was funny, his sis wouldn't let him smoke in the house cuz we were there, so he just sat there with the cigarette in his mouth, like come on let me smoke. And then her boyfriend showed up and he seemed to understand everything well. He was teaching her after he understood something it was great. After I asked my comp if that lesson counted as a lesson with a member cuz they had Blades of Glory playing with John Heder in the backgroung lol.

This coming weekend, on Sunday, we'll have an hour for church cuz of elections again I guess. And now I'm done with the 12 week new missionary program (where you study personal an hour, then 2hrs comp, then language in the morning starting at 8) so now we can start going out at like 11:00 or 10:30 instead of 12:30 or later cuz lunch sometimes.

Also, here its cool sometimes they go by the 24 hr clock like right now its 18:07 and for the date they do it backwards today is 17/10/11.

Also, we went back to the tent people. This time we taught the brother and then his aunt or some lady, then the bro's sister (yeah idk who they are all related lol). It went well. She is evangelical and when i prayed at the end, she was like praying aloud, quietly to herself cuz i guess that what evangelicals do haha. So I was like why is she mumbling to herself while I'm praying haha. We also talked about prophets and she was like yeah see that girl (who's like 5) she's a prophet haha.

We also taught Adrian Gonzalez. He's been an inv for a while, but we haven't been able to find him. He likes the church, I think he just needs to be dedicated to it. My comp kept giving him scriptures and he kept trying to find paper that he could mark the scripts with, so he can read them later, so that was good to see. Also, during it he had music on and the usa music that some people listen to here. It is like weird 80s rock or madonna weird stuff. It's funny cuz they don't even understand it, they just like the beat.

Today we had planned to borrow Joaquinn Gallis bball and go play some ball, but his cousin, I guess, forgot to give it to us (cuz he had Joaquinn's ball). So I almost got to play today but watever. He did get my hopes up though lol next week.

This week we also went to some less actives houses and talked to them. One lady asked us if we believed in planets. We were like yes and then she went on to say how she is scared of the planets. She is a lil crazy and we kept inviting her to start to pray and read the BoM and how that will help her but she doesn't really do that stuff. Also this week we went to a less active man and he started saying how the Chinese are putting metal parts in people when they do surgery and how the people will become robots and how the world will be taken over by robots. hahahaha these are real people. I can't believe they actually believe that stuff. We'll keep working with them  and help them.

It was cool, one of the teenagers I see in the street sometimes is in here and when we walked in he yelled, "Fight!" haha cuz thats one of the words Elder Thomas and I taught him.

I'm going to finish the Book of Mormon tomorrow! I've been thru it one and a half times on the mish (I was in Alma 58 when I started Mish). Do you have any tricks for marking scripts or stuff? I'm not good at just pulling scripts out of nowhere about baptism and stuff, or the restoration. What happens to me is, I just read and I forget to check where I'm at in the book lol. For example I'll be in Alma 12 then wow I'm in ch 23. I guess I need to pay more attention to where I'm at lol.

Go Utes and Packers and A. Smith and Steve Smith and Panthers and Mike Vick.

Once again happy Birthday mom Felice Cumple, I wish I could write that in front of our house(UT) in the street with graffiti cuz thats what they do here, all over the street when somone has a bday haha.

Love u all
Love Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
hmm I don't know what I want for christmas. I guess you can surprise me. You're always good at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment