Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween from Argy

Top of the muffin to you all!
It is a great warm day outside. Where there may not even be a cloud in the sky, allegedly haha. Hope it's not too cold up North haha.

Also Happy Halloween!
They kinda do it here, I think haha, They have a lil section in wal mart for masks and stuff so i guess it exists here. We also saw some trick or treaters yesterday. idk why they were out since it was a day early, but hey, the early bird gets the worm right haha.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I'm writing this a lil early today cuz my comp (District Leader) is going to Bahia Blanca for a few days for some leadership meetings. He'll get back I think Wed night. It's also sweet cuz I believe I'll be with Elder Stott from Highland UT. He only has one full transfer in so he's one behind me...it's going to be so cool being a Sr comp for a few days in the middle of Argy world where we know some of the language haha. I'm actually pretty excited cuz we both are in the same position and so we'll grow together these next few days. I think he may be a bit homesick, so I'll try and have a good time with him and cheer him up.

My Espñ is going gr8! It's really improved this week a lot. I can be in lessons and get more of what was being said. I can talk better more. Talking all espñ in the street helps sooo much. Yo siento mucho mejor con espñ esta semana haha. We are teaching a teen probably 17- 18 yrs and during the lesson, Jesus asked my comp if he had kids and my comp was like, ¨yeah¨ and since my espñ listening has gotten better I thought, "Did I hear that right?" Then my comp realized what Jesus was saying and then comp was like, "Oh no no I don't have kids.¨ It was funny! I was trying not to laugh during the lesson a few minutes after that haha. And also in the same lesson we were explaining the sacrament and how water represents the blood of Jesus Christ and Jesus(the inv) was like,  ¨You guys drink blood?¨ hahahaha It was a lesson where the comunication level wasn't gr8 hahaha.

We had splits on Tuesday and I was with Elder Perez from Mexico. But he also lived in So. Carolina for 4 yrs so he knows Engish. It was cool, I could say everything I needed to say to him with some Eng words here and there. It was awesome!! haha We also were going to ask this man for some directions, then tie into something about the gospel. When Elder Perez was approaching him and Perez said, "Hola"  it was hilarious the guy immediately grabs his shoulder like he got shot or something and was like, "Aw eh," or something in Espñ and he kept walking. He totally pulled a Tom Jones and played hurt out of no where so we didn't have to talk to him hahaha. We also taught Alexis, the 17 yr, old guy. We talked about the Book of Mormon and prayer and it went well! We tried other times in the week but he wasn't there.

On Saturday went went tracking with a 23yr old member named Cesear. He was converted 4 yrs ago and he's about to put in his paper. He's the only member in his fam and he's awesome! Such a strong testimony and is goin to be a gr8 missionary. We taught a bum in the street, but the bum didn't really want to have much to do with the church after talking with him for like 40 min which seemd like forever. Hopefully Cesear goes to Utah on his mission. We live in (I have no idea what Mission it is lol, SLC S. idk lol)

I gave the closing prayer in church yesterday in sacrament meeting. One of the counselors in the bishopric asked me to do it b4 the meeting. And I guess in the meeting he announced that some sister in the ward was going to say the closing prayer, but I had no idea, so you know I go up and say the prayer. When I went back my comp was like they announced that this lady was going to do it haha. So I bet everyone was a lil confused when the american missionary who doesn't know much espñ stood up and started heading towards the pulpit hahahaha. I'm glad my comp didn't tell me or anything hahaha jk comp is a capo.

The former missionaries and current missionaries in our ward will be singing Called to Serve on November 20th for some primary program. So you know what that means! I'm getting my Michael Jackson vocals ready. I think this will be a gr8 step in my music career. I'm ready for it haha :) chiste chiste

Went to Laprida. Taught some lessons (its bout 1h 15 min away). Lessons were pretty good. We're still testing it out there for future missionaries. We went with the Elderly couple the Fee´s. Elder Fee has been to every state and 19 countries. Daaaang if I ever get lost in the world I hope he's on my right side haha.

Was talking with a member and he had a cool shirt in espñ. I could understand it all up to halfway down his shirt. I stopped cuz i didn't want to look weird, just staring at his shirt hahaa. It was bout 20 to 30 words i read. I felt soo good about it. espñ is making some gr8 steps!

Next week comp and I are goin to Centro to go Christmas shopping. Oh and i got some money out. Thanks. Thank Sister Madson for the money. Also you're awesome! Thanks for the letter Lonnie! It was great, I really enjoyed it.

Church is true, keep being awesome and choosing the right! Have faith and don't give up!

Have a great Halloween and watch some scary movie...it's weird, it doesn't even feel like halloween cuz its warm, but yeah.
chau capos
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment