Monday, August 27, 2012

Mom will be happy - I bought shoes!

Howdy

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS GRANDMA SMART! Wahooo U are Awesome!!!!!

To start off, I'll make mom happy. I bought shoes!! Today we went to Centro and bought them. They were 85$ in dollars. I'll send a foto if I have time.

This week we found a guy named Tomas Garcia and he's like 25 and he's
pretty interested in the church. We, for like the last month, have given
out like pamphlet things about the open house of the temple in BA and
he said he looked at the website cuz it was bout families (mormon.org).
And haha when we 1st got in he's like, "You guys want coffee or tea? Oh, you can't
drink it right? I read bout it  and the part bout the BoM was really
good." He said he's going to buy a case to protect them. He's going on to
vacations until 3 of September and he said he'll take the book and I hope he
comes back with all of it read!! That'd be awesome!

We found someone named Jesus and his niece Brisa (10) and they're cool. I actually don't
know Brisa that well cuz we had divisions and they found her when I
was gone. We'll be going to Tony and Maria's today. They said they'd go to
church but didn't show up. We'll have a lesson this week with some lady
that works in the divorcement thing so she can help them. We'll be
motivating their kids to get bapt. That'll be great. They still need to
come to church.

When we had divisions I was with Elder Morales from Peru in their area
and we found a guy that didn't seem to have much interest and Elder
Morales was like, "Can we go in your house and say a lil prayer?" He let us in and Elder Morales asked if he could show him his bible. So we go in and teach a lil. Then like the next
day they taught bout Joseph Smith and he was pretty much like, "How can I
not believe this? I want to baptize myself in this church." He'll get
baptized Saturday! Pretty sweet miracle! At 1st he didn't seem interested
but we kept trying and now he can't deny it :)

Dang you said the Utes start this week. Wow already haha. On my to do list when I get home
is to go to a Sim concert! awesome!

It rained hard Thursday to the point where you don't care that you're all wet.
haha Comp is funny, he was just walking in the puddles haha "I don't
care," he said haha.

The weather today is gorgeous! It was 32 degrees F Saturday!

Thanks for all your emails. It's one of the moments of truth where I just
need to put my trust in the Lord and work as hard as I can. Study good,
pray good, work hard. I remember like Bro. Broadhead said to me one yr
about bball, "Just put your head down and go to work." I'll never forget that
quote.

I'm reading Jesus the Christ a lil bit. I need to get into it more cuz
everyone says its incredible.

This kid on my side has a Kevin Garnet mouth haha jk. But a lil bit.
I'm going to send my photos now so you can distribute them haha spanglish.

Church is true and oh b4 I forget 9 of Sept is the temple dedication.
It'll be gr8! They say they have cameras in the baptism font room so
that at any time the prophet and apostles can see. Pretty sweet!!
keep up the prayers i need them
Love Yalls
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

P.S. Reggie's camera got stolen so no photos. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment