Monday, September 3, 2012

Alonso's Baptism!! He's soooo cool!

Hi haha

The weather is getting better wahoo! The other day they were saying it
was bout 70 degrees yeah!

I'm pretty excited for this weekend. Sunday is the temple dedication of
the Buenos Aires temple and they're showing it thru the satellite thing at our
church. But the thing is I don't have my recommend aww and probably more
then half the missionaries, cuz they told us we didn't need it, so we
left it in the offices in Bahia. So we need to call them and ask if
they can send our recommends so we can enter cuz only the Pres. of mish
can do temple recommends for the missionaries and so yeah the packet
thing that we get each week should have our recommends and it should come
Saturday :/ I hope I can go Sunday cuz it'd be awesome!! So I'll be
praying extra hard that I'll get mine and you should too haha.

There was the bapt of Alonso and it was awesome! He shaved, cut his
hair and looks gr8. He's like 65 and he hugged me like 15 times cuz he
was so happy lol. He said,"I'm the New Alonso," I have a new life! Sweet
and he was confirmed yesterday and after he was standing there in
tears for like 30 sec. Also he was the 1st one to bear his testimony!
He's soooo cool! I took a pic with him ..honk lol don't have camera lol
but Elder Morales took one of me with him so when i get it, I'll throw it
to you people.

Thanks for the Argy temple fotos. I've only seen one foto of the temple (BA)
and it was gr8 to see other views. I want to gooo!! Pres. Eyring will be
doing the dedication.

We finally found Tony y Maria. It was a lil weird. They just kinda like
fell off the face of the earth. We talked to them (Maria and her sons)
and she's like, "Sorry I've been really busy. My sons have been a handful
and kind of gotten in trouble." But they're doing good and I'm glad they're
still interested. I was a lil worried for them, but for now it's all good.
Thankfully! We're kinda focusing on her sons Kevin 15 and Agustin
13 (Agu) and I can tell that she's kinda worried and thinks bout them
a lot and so we talked bout bapt with her kids and Agu said he'd do it.
Kevin might take some more time but Saturday we're going to take a tour
of the church with them and it'll be at the same time they'll be playing
soccer at the church. So we're trying to get them more familiar with the
youth and the church and I know if the kids progress it'll give Tony y
Maria more motivation to keep going to church etc. Her boys are awesome!
They ask a ton bout USA haha. They asked if cheerleaders really exist
in the schools haha.

I got the lil packages from Gma Smart y Merlyn THANK U! They're gr8 stuff!!
I also got few dear elders from Alyssa Gracias!! I'm trying to think of
her questions she had. umm oh there was one - If I have funny translating
stories hahaha. I used to say that the apostles were killing themselves
hahaha oops. Also told a kid that like every day there's huge storms in
my neighborhood and that houses fall etc. What else? And just a few of
¨don't repeat that word¨ things haha.

Alyssa also asked if I feel like the Pres in the mish have helped me,
like it has for other returned missionaries. I love both the Pres's that
we've had. Pres. Detlefsen is a legend haha hilarious guy, but says stuff
like wow powerful! He has a gr8 vision. I remember he'd always say when
they call a temple in Bahia you will jump out of your seat and start
screaming and then you'll see another guy like 30 rows over there
screaming also. And it'll be a gr8 day haha! Pres. Parreño is a capo! I love
how he talks bout change and becoming perfect as god is 3 n 12:48. I
remember Pres. Detlefsen said if you don't change now in the mish you'll
never change. If you keep being the same, you'll return the same.

I don't know if that new credit card thing in Argy will effect me. I haven't
heard anything bout it.

Well, I'm going to end and try and send some fotitos for you.
thx for all your prayers thoughts etc. Keep them up and more and that I can
get my recommend :)
Gracias por todo son Capos
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
Oh, I just remembered when I was with Elder Morales for divisions, we entered a
house. I asked a girl, "What's your name?" She said, "Regina." "And your dad?" "Roberto." I was like, "HUHHH? For real? ME TOO!" haha! It was pretty sweet! Daughter named Regina, Dad named
Roberto! To bad he's favring weird lol. luv U´s!

No comments:

Post a Comment