Monday, July 23, 2012

Working on the less active in Tandil

Hola gente

Watsup!

Tony and Maria are awesome still haha! They couldn't make it to church
yesterday cuz she was sick, but we went by their house last night and
they're just so awesome. A point that I loved was he said I have sacred
scripture cuz he's reading the BoM cover to cover and he read us 1 Nephi
2:16, and after he said, "That's what I felt like when you guys came to our
house for the 1st time." I was like wow! Dang this guy is the man! We had
divisions and Elder Nolan from Olavarria was with me in my area and we
taught the plan of salvation to Maria cuz Tony was sick in bed. So we
had a good in depth discussion and helped her with her questions and
doubts. I think she really liked the bapt for the dead part. Then the
next day she saw Elder Nolan and his comp in the store and she told them
that Tony is talkin with his ex wife about divorcement! We still need to
baptize them. I'm willing to do everything I can to help them. They also
want to go to the open house of the Buenos Aires Temple!! Our ward
is renting a bus thing and taking a trip up there, but we cant go :(
haha
This week we'll keep focusing on getting them divorced and helping
them to quit smoking and drinking.

It was pretty cool, this morning I was trying to think of ways/get
inspiration on how to help this area of Tandil. And it's kind of a theme
here that there's a ton of less actives and while I was trying to think
of things to help Tandil, I felt like I should read a thing in the
Liahona from the last conference and I was just like, "Okay, whatever. I have
time." It talked a lot about less actives and ways to help them to come
back and it's also a way to grow the church. When I was reading it
I just let the spirit go and I wrote down everyone's name that's in our
area and thought of plans that we can go around with members to visit
them. One of the things that a less active girl said in this
talk was that it's hard to go back cuz your scared if you'll have to sit
alone. And you wonder if anyone will talk to you, etc. Of the members here there's 30
families/persons who are member or better said 30 last names members
here and only 5 of the families go to church. And like 3 are basically
every weekers. I was like, "Dang! Lets go to work!!" cuz lately the
excitement to work (for the others in the house) is really hard to get
them going. I'm learning a lot here. A lot of parenting skills. But I'm
happy to be here cuz I can make the change. And my goal is to get
everyone of them to church b4 i leave here (just thought of that). I've
really learned lately here that our purpose is to bring others to
Christ. Doesn't just say baptize. haha I'm not putting down baptism haha,
I'm just trying to work with what I've got. If your Jumper doesn't work you need to
drive. If that doesn't, be john stockton and dish. We've also heard from
members that the less actives really love it when we come by. I'm
kinda like, "Really? I didn't know we meant THAT much to them." haha

The weather here this week has been gorgeous. Like really, a few nights
were cold but a lot of sun and warmth. Maybe it's cuz I don't see snow. lol

DAD HAPPY BIRTHDAY I sent you a letter today!! party it up wahoooooo!!!! hahah

I'm glad I'm not a coug right now haha. Damian Lillard is a baller. I do
recall talking bout him to you dad, so I take like 4% of the success of
him who's he on.

Didn't get your package. The world is a better place with kyle gunther talking.

I know the church is true. thx for all your prayers and stuff and throw a
few in for my comp, cuz he doesn't want to be here. I'm trying to help him,
but he has his days. But it's kinda normal at the beginning of your mish.

Love u All thx for evrathang
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
P.S. Forrest - Hola amigo mio usted es un capo

1 comment:

  1. Elder Roberts...LOVE to read your emails! Keep working with the less active - they need you, too!It is always important to remind people of the covenants they made at baptism and encourage them to seek the Spirit again! Missionaries ARE important...you are the Lord's messengers and these wonderful people feel that serving YOU is serving HIM!! Let them do it as you help them come to Christ!! We love you and are grateful for the Spirit WE feel through your letters!! Bruce & Sharon Bryan

    ReplyDelete