Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Toni & Maria went to church and I met Pres. Parreño!

Holas

1st off, I love Toni and Maria and their family! Wahoo! They went to
church yesterday! We went over with members one day and they loved it.
Also, the members. It was good for them to see that we're normal people. haha And
we focused a lot on getting them to church. Their daughter,
Kapriel, attended, she's 7. They have 2 other sons from Maria, Agustin 13
and Kevin 15. Agustin got home late Saturday from Bahia Blanca, so he
didn't come.

They loved church! They went to sacrament meeting and it turns out that they
know more people then they thought. Also, we were in a lesson Saturday and a
member knocked the door and I was like, "What? Hey Hermana!¨ She is
already friends with a member that she didn't know was a member (Maria).
haha The talks in Sacrament were good too. They we about baptism and temples and forgiving. And
we found out that one of the hermanas works in the divorsement and
marriage thing, so we'll talk to her about them and she can help them
make things go faster! Also another daughter of Maria wants to hear from us.
And one of Maria's umm whats it called, nephews 11 came to listen and
they talked to Maria's mom about the church! Sweet, Right?!!!! They've
said how they feel peaceful and good when we come and when we leave.
They basically said whenever you need anything you can come to our house for
the bathroom, food, etc. Toni said, "Our hearts are open to you guys." ...my chin's
on the floor drooling!
Now we need to baptize them!!!! Tonight we're going to explain more of the
plan of salvation and temples and families, etc. I'm going to show them a pic
of you´s peoples. Who's pumped? I'm pumped and they want to have lunch with us! haha

The conference of the zone was good. We finally met pres and his wife. He
talked about love for the people etc and why we are here as missionaries.
It's funny, Pres. Detlefsen talked about death a lot and Pres. Parreño about
beginning haha. Pres. is a nice guy. Pretty funny. Kinda reminds me of a
nice grandpa. He'll be awesome. I told them about the Duncan's. He thought it
was cool. Also, Hermana Parreño is incredible!! She gave a gr8 talk
thing and probably my favorite part of the conference was when she was like, "At
times when you feel down, think of your family and how they're thinking of you and
they're envisioning you having success, doing gr8 things. And how they're
always praying for you and how they're always praying for you in the temple."
She said it with such power. I was like wow!! haha

I went to Bahia again haha. They called me Tues. So Wednesday me and Elder
Gassaway went to Bahia to do more visa papers things. I didn't have to
do much. Just be present and sign something lol. Elder Gassaway, before he came to Argy had to wait
for his visa and served a lil in San Bernardino in the Rancho
Cucamonga Mish.

What else? Roque and that lady are doing good. I think we need to go by
them soon. We were going to do the family night but she couldn't and then
comp and co ate almost all the candies when I was in Bahia ha fatties.
Happy birthday this week dad. I have your card. I tried to go send it, but
the building was packed as if there was a tom jones concert.

well thanks for your time
and prayers and everything thx for the package Nita
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment