Monday, July 2, 2012

New Mission President

Whatsuup!

Hello again. Those fotos of that Argy food looks good. On the TV behind mom is the BOCA soccer game i saw with that yellow blue jersey haha. That does look like Argy sausage. It's good! (Note: Reggie's dad found an Argentina restaurant and we took photos of the food we ate.)

Weston! That's sweet that he's home. I loved that pic of him and Jill. That was great haha and with all the family at the airport!

So it's official that we do have a new pres. I haven't met him yet, but I'm way exited. Thanks for that foto from kevin and nancy. I will definatly introduce myself as their nephew. The leaders, like zone leaders, have a meeting with him Wed, then I think after that they'll go on a tour of the mish. So I'm guessing in the next week or 2 we'll meet him.

Pres. Detlefsen gave us 10 ways to get references from the members and other people. And he gave us a promise when he came here to Tandil that if we're obedient with it then we'll find the investigators that we need. It's like a commandment /rule that we find 2 a day. In Tandil, for some reason, it's really difficult to find inv and so that promise was inspiration to me and so we've been working with the members more etc. On like Thurs we touched a house and the guy said, "Oh, I went to your church like 20 yrs ago with my girlfriend but never got baptized, but I like your church." And he told us that we could come by Saturday. So Saturday night we go by and get there like at 6:50 and so I just started from the beginning how he knows the church (his names Toni).  So we talked, then he's like, "I want to know the ¨No´s¨ in your church." Like no smoking etc so we explained all that and he's a smoker and drinker and understood good the concept. He's like, "If I smoke will your church reject me for my sins etc?" I was like, "Man, the church is the best place for sinners. We are all sinners, no?" And explained that we are all kinda like a family in the church, and he loved that. Then a lil while later his wifeishladyperson and their son, 13yrs, come and they sit down. And also then they have a ton of interest in the church. She said, "This morning were you guys around here?" We said, "Yes." Then she said, "Cuz I saw you and I said to myself I want to talk to you guys. You guys are just different you know." And also she and the son had a tooooooon of questions. Not like weird random questions, but great questions like tithing, word of wisdom, jo smith, worshipping false idols, whats the gold book, why is it the Book of Mormon. I have written like 15 different good questions that they asked us. We were in their house for almost 2 hr 15 min. It was gr8! We ran out of that house so happy and also cuz we had to pee so bad hahaha. It was so awesome! I'm so happy!! Next time you're in front of a mirror put your cheek against it and pretend I'm giving you all a kiss cuz I'm so pumped and I'd kiss you all hahahaha! They were kinda not sure if they could go to church yesterday and they didn't, but he's like, "Yeah I want to go and talk with the bishop." He also needs to get divorced and so we explained that they needed to get married, etc and they were all cool with it. He said, "Your church makes the most sense." I remember praying in my head that I could answer all of his questions and it went perfect!!!!

b4 I forget happy bday Abby abdominal!!! r u like 12 already haha jk

The weather was gre8 this week. I think one day it had to be like 60 degrees. It was gr8. I was in short sleeve for a while and we're technically in January weather supposedly.

I'm sorry my eng might be horrible. I love espñ. i love learning words. It's funny to hear the kids in the street playing soccer or somethin and I think ok I'll loook up that word, or I've never heard that one. A lot of them are slang haha. I know the Lord's blessing me with continually speaking espñ even if others don't in the house. One of my fav scriptures is the one - If you keep my commandments you will prosper, but if you don't you have no promise.

haha it was coool, the other Monday, last week, we were talking with a guy investigator named Roque and his friends with missionaries cuz they helped teach him eng but his interest in the church is mas o menos ummm how do you say that in eng wavery haha idk, but he likes music, like beethoven etc. Then he just got going off talking music and I was thinking, "Hhmmm, how can we not waste time just talkin bout music?" cuz he had his laptop and it was on radio, then all of the sudden "ding" "Have you heard of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?" "No, who are they?" And so on his laptop he looked them up and we listened to hymns and he likes it. Maybe thru Mo Tab he can join the church and take more interest in it.

well i love u all a ton thx for all everything
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment