Monday, May 7, 2012

Pres. Detlefesen is sooooooooo aweesssooooommeee!!

Heeeeeyyyy

What a good week you guys all had with Alyssa's graduation, LeeAnn y Terri and all that stuff. It's always good to hear stuff like that.

Alyssa's always been a gr8 example for me. She just does her work and nothin else. Doesn't seek for awards. Nothin. Just does what she's suppose to. gr8 job! I was telling a fam at lunch that my sis graduates today (on saturday).

Pres Detlefesen is sooooooooo aweesssooooommeee!! We had interviews with him Friday. b4 interviews we had like a lil 1h 30 min talk with the zone and he his soooo hilarious. Think of the last time you saw a mish pres pretend he was a statue on a horse or dance like fly hahahaha. He is an incredible person with one of the gr8est sense of humors. He said, "When I teach I like to tell jokes cuz it helps break the ice." haha He is awesome and he has gr8 vision for the church. He was teaching us how if we never change, work hard, etc we'll arrive the same person that we were and this 2 yrs is yrs to change. idk if I'll see pres again as him being my mish pres. gr8 man and definitely has fun with life haha.

We almost had inv in church, almost but they didn't arrive. We passed by Javier yesterday, but he was sleeping.

We had a pretty funny day today. So we had to go to Centro (like downtown) to give the other missionaries we live with some papers they forgot. And also we sent letters. I sent one to SubJ for her bday haha. You'll like it! Then we did some shopping and looked at some stores (btw tell Jamaal Tinsley that he's in front of a lil store in argy, its like a paper size pic of him in a game. Bet he didn't know that lol) and then we were goin home and then we were the only people on the bus with the driver and he stopped. He said, ¨Well guys, this is where I stop. You have to get off.¨ haha. Ok, peace. So we got off and had no idea where we were. But we got off at a pretty cool view totally on accident haha. There was also a like jet plane on a stick thing, and statue thing. So we took pics of that and the view. Then there was another family at this lil park and the dad's like, "Hey elders." I asked if he's a member, but he wasn't. We ended up talkin like 30 to 40 min and he really respects us. So we talked bout church and I was thinkin this guy will be a gr8 member of the church. But thing is he lives in Formosa, north of the country. So we can't ever teach him cuz he's not here. So hopefully we helped plant that seed. Good he listened to missionaries b4. He'll get bapt some day.

Also, we were at lunch with like a 45 yr old member and he said he's from Gnrl Pico in the Pampa so I asked him if he knows Andres Nocioni and he said no. But he's like a huge fan of the NBA big time. So I asked him his fav team and of course its the Spurs and we mentioned how we're from Utah. Then he was like, "One second." Then he turns on nbatv to a rerun of the jazz vs spurs. Now, I know Josh Howard is on jazz, but it was also good that we only had a few min to eat with him cuz it was right b4 the interviews with pres. So we got out of there in a good time. It also made me proud of you guys for keeping me so far from the game. I had no idea Chris Paul was on LAC, but I don't care right now. I'm on my mission! Comp was like, "He's been on there for like a year." Thx parents, for real, for keeping me from the game, but still a little in it. It was a lil hard to be in that house. I was like, "Holy tom jones, nba!" But we left.

And want to mention what a good life Rowena Madsen lived. It was always good to see her in church cuz she had all the excuses to stay home. But, no she persevered til the end. And she was a gr8 example to all of us. Always happy and she always talked bout mom when we'd give her the sacrament when she couldn't make it to church. thx for everything.

love u all tons thx for all
i will see u sunday live 
love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment