Monday, May 28, 2012

Gas & Electricity - Finally

Me and my comp

One Year
We have gas!!!!!

For a one year mark to celebrate I had a hot shower!!!! Also we have electricity that is our own. We were borrowing it from the lil store in front thru a cable. Also this week, haha mom will like this, we had a favring rat in the house hahaha! We live behind a lil store that just barely closed and they had food in there and stuff and so one liked to sneak in our house at nights. One night we all heard it like at 10:30 and so we set it up and closed the drain thing that it comes in. And so we finally got it trapped in the house cuz if not it may just die down there if we trap it. It was hiding in the oven and in another lil spot. Then we decided it'd be better if we trap it in the bathroom cuz we can
just catch it in there. We got it in the bathroom, then we go in and check and get it... Where is it? Ugh, oh where'd it go? We looked, then we found it in behind a bide (kinda like another toilet to wash your bum) in where the pipes go in. So after a while of trying to get it, we were like, "Well, we can get it tomorrow." So when Elder Templeton and I had to go to the bus station to wait with Elder Hare, cuz his comp was coming home from divisions and he couldn't be alone, so we stayed at their house. And when we got back in the morning they were like, "Its dead wahooo!!" The guy that owns the apartments came with his son and they disconnected the bide and Elder Jones stepped on its neck ¨Tomatela¨ So our house now is officially sweet and I also got some of the rat on video haha. Its not like our house is dirty, its clean. There just used to be a field there so it didn't have a home.

For my one year mark the other elders were like, "Burn a shirt!" So I did. A white one, the grossest one haha. Dang I can't believe its been a year. It doesn't even feel real. I remember the day I woke up to go to the MTC. I was like, ¨Wow 2 yrs is a long time! Am I nuts!¨ And I remember satan was workin on me. I remember that was the only time I was scared to leave up to that point. Before it was always like wahooo 50 days left or 2 weeks til I leave. But the only time I felt fear or scared was right when I woke up. I had no desires to get up. But haha I knew with out a doubt i had to go, but as soon as i got up I was good. Crazy day that was.

Also, 25 of May is the Independence Day here. So a lot of Argys had their flags out. It was a slow week cuz every one was gone or had lil desires to listen haha. At the church on the 25th we had a ¨locro¨ like a big soup thing with basically leftover parts from animals that people don't usually eat. It's a tradition here and I liked it even tho I don't know what I ate lol. I took a foto of it.



Locro
Also, on Saturday we had lunch with a fam and one of their sons who's a returned mish studied at BYU and taught english to latinos and they were askin me stuff i like. And of course I told them I like to juggle ha no bball and the son was like, ¨hey like Teach me how to Jimmer!¨ Young Sim you're worldwide my man haha! And of course I had to mention my cuz that did that song!

We almost went to the big Jesus statute today, but we didn't. Next week we will. I bought a bday card for Scott..i just need to send it!

Oh and that guy that studied in byu he said he found a market in provo i think where the sale dulce de leche and all Argy stuff and there's like an argy bakery. So some of the stuff here exists in utah wahoo! I've actually never bought dulce de leche but you'll have to buy it.

nba sweet final 4

To answer Alyssa's Q´s it's 40 min to church walking which isn't in our area. We do email in like a internet cafe thing.

Mirian still hasn't smoked yeaaahh! We just need her to get to church!

It was funny, on my year mark i heard Argys yelling out my window, ¨One more yr, one more yr!¨ I was like calm down I'm staying here haha jk I made that up.

Church is true. Keep reading your book of mormon every day. Listen to the spirit.

Congrats Sub on all your dates. By the end of the week you'll have more than my career haha but that's alright I was shooting jk!

love you all thx for prayers and all
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment