Friday, September 2, 2011

August 29, 2011

Hey from here!!

Things are great! Still workin hard trying to be as perfect as i can.

Wow can you belive i just had my 3 month bday being on a mish? Time has flown by. Has it gone slow for you? It's cool, one of the streets here is called 25 de Mayo, some independents day or something important and we live on that street. So I will always remember when i was "born" as a missionary lol.

I received the mail you sent me on the 22nd I believe and I got 2 more dear elders from Alyssa y Scott. The last one I got today.
I love what Nancy and Kevin had to say in that paper. The 10 steps thing - i looove it!! i like how it said to be positve like, "ï think its cool how people let their dogs walk around freely. " I try to be positve like that cuz the more happier you are, the more better you feel. Even when you don't feel like anything. I try to trick my mind and make it happy when I get a negative thought. It works and it makes it much more enjoyable. And its good to enjoy the little things, like they put ther dogs on the roof and i think thats awesome haha. I try not to get down.

My español is doing pretty good. I'm actually able to listen to a conversation and most times i can pick out and notice each word. When it ends i can understand what is being talked about. So i feel like I've been blessed with a really good ear to understand and it just clicks to me - the listening part. i understood basically what my comp was talking about in a lesson yesterday. i have troubles with speaking lol. Thats what I struggle with the most in español cuz there are a lot of rules and stuff that makes it confusing, but when they're talking i realize a word and can figure it out, but speaking, i just can't think how to conjugate it and stuff.
I don't say much in lessons at all cuz i dont know what to say, but i can listen pretty good. Its amazing my progress in just this month here. I remember my first meal in Arg and I had no idea what people were saying at lunch and i remember the only thing i could understand was when some guy said NBA hahaha. My listening has improved so much and I cant wait to see how good I am in a month from now. I'm goin to really try to work on my speaking cuz i was just trying to pick out words when i started.

We had splits on Monday to Tuesday afternoon. So I had a different comp for a day.

Our investigators are doing alright. The Melanie girl hasn't shown up to church yet. My comp wants to drop her if this week goes bad. But i really don't think we should cuz shes so close to being baptized. I think she just needs to show up to church cuz she has in the past, but not since ive been here...im not giving up on her!! i won't let my comp do that. It's like being down 6 with 15 sec to go, just drill it, hit a 3, another etc. can't give up til the game is over. We're in the 4th, down a few. She will get baptized!!
That Matius kid - haven't seen him since our 1st lesson. He's been gone. I think he read, is what i think his sister said. So we'll keep stopping by. We have another couple, Sabina y Nelson, they have 3 kids together. they're probably in their low 30s. Not really old. I talked about them last week. They didnt make it to church, but we taught them yesterday and it went well. She is so interested in it. She read what we left her with. She and Nelson are not married. She like took notes and wrote her fave scripts and wrote some stuff while we taught her. Nelson is pretty interested. He doesn't want to read. She gets so interested. When we teach her i think i could poke her in the face with a stick and she wouldn't flinch hahaha. She must have been a straight A student lol. Hopefully they do their part and pray and have faith. We gave them a baptism date for Oct 4th cuz they need to get married first. They've talked about getting married so thats good.

Transfers are at the end of this week so my comp, who has been here since May, could be leaving. He's been out for a year and a half. His spanish is good! It's cool, i can pick out from american accents and native accents. I can listen to my comp the best in espanol. The other day i could understand like his whole prayer he said it was sweet!

Guess what i saw yesterday or the day before? Some Argy man wearing a Pacers hat wahooo lol. I didn't say anything to him though. When i can speak spanish i want to really talk to the kids and teens in the street. My comp doesn't really like kids i think lol. Cuz they ask a lot bout america etc. But i feel like i can really connect with the kids/teens in the streets. Obviously if the situation doesnt seem right i promise i wont talk to them haha. i listen to the spirit, but i really feel like i need to reach out to them for some reason. I try to relate to them like, "Hey you like bball or soccer sumthin or american music."  Cuz my comp just kinda brushes younger people off and it just hurts me when he kinda thinks eh there just kids/teens...  In the mtc they said that Heavenly Father really wants everyone in our area to be baptized. If you think about it I really dont want to think less of anyone even if theyre on there death bed. i wanna teach them cuz God put them in my path. When we walk sometimes, and pass houses, that is hard for me cuz i think how that could be a family in need. It's the "impossible is nothing" in me which i love. You never know whos behind that door!

It's warmer, not bad for winter. I just need to wear a jacket instead of sweatrs etc.
I'm going to send a letter home for V's bday. Did you get my letter yet? I sent it on the 10th. i thought about it and it really isn't that much to send a letter. It may be like 7 pesos but it's only like 2 dollars amercian.
So Javaris Crittenton is being charged with murder, the guy who brought guns in with Gil 0. That is crazy!! Come on javaris, dont throw your life away. I live in Mariano Moren idk if ive explained that part. oops lol. How should i wash my sweaters? Is it alright if i just throw it in soapy water? Chad Ochocinco is so funny. World Peace i love it. Recipes are good. Thank you. I think next week when i have more time I'll write them down. Maybe one a week or something. Thank you. idk if i can print. I'll find out. Congrats to tyler mitchell and happy bday gma smart!
Hey, stay in there Sub with Vball. Just do your best and try to lead by example and do the best you can. I know its hard when people don't take it seriously. just get into it and show you care. But also try and be their friend, cuz when you're their friend they'll say, "Hey Sub's cool and she wants to win that makes me want to try harder." Be friends with everyone on your team and they'll respect you and work harder for you. And go all out in practice and show you care. Get bloody swollen eye jump into the stands. Seeing that stuff is contagious and always say you can win, even if your down. Cuz honestly you can. The game doesn't end until its over, not half way.
V get better and stop being sick lol.
I'm pretty sure i can get photos. I got weston's. i don't think i need anything. Keep being awesome dad in school. Thanks or all you do. You can do it! Mom you're awesome, thanks for braggin bout me hahaha. i don't think anyone has a fam that loves me as much as you guys. Thanks for the love and prayers and thinkin bout me. Wassup north alyssa and scott? Has it snowed yet? bahahaa
I know this church is true and I can't wait to be a part if people change their lives. There is no way the church isn't true. Stay in it and endure. It's all worth it, for with God nothing shall be impossible!

im totally going to forget how to speak english hahha totally

I Love u all keep smiling and every days a good day why not hahaha
Love Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment