Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 12, 2011

Reggie showing off his skills :)
Top of the muffin to you, todo personas leyendo este!

Today is the 12th yesterday was the 9/11 dang i cannot believe its been 10 years since then.That was a terrible day. I remember thinking what's a terrorist? What's terrorism? I was so confused on what was goin on. Just being here in Argentina for the last 47 days I have really gained a better patriotismness and gratefulness of USA. I'm not saying I don't like Arg I love it here, i just have felt so blessed lately from being here to think of all the great things we have in US. Everyone who doesn't like usa from usa should go to a different country and they'll realize how blessed they are to live in Usa. I bet there was a lot of memorial stuff. Some people mentioned it to us the last few days since we're from usa.

Everything is well here. Yesterday Melanie showed up to church and so that means this Saturday (Vs Bday wassup, I'll send your card next Monday). She also brought her less active mom and her 6 yr old bro. So we were pumped about that and we also had 4 other less actives show up to church. So yes it was a good day! Felt really blessed. We have a new investigator. His name is Adrian Gonzalez. We went to his house and his mom was like come in. She is a less active and her son his like 27. We taught him. He liked it. Then a day later on Saturday as a district/stake at our church, we (missionaries) and the youth put on a lil play thing about a B of M story. Each Ward had a different story and Adrian Gonzalez showed up. Izekiel (semi pro soccer player, former inv) and Melanie's mom and bro and 2 other less actives also showed up. We were pumped about that as well!! We did service at a former inv house Norma. We picked up her thorn rose branches. Reminded me of home picking up those. I liked it. Alicia hasn't been to church. I guess she takes sleeping pills and she like physically can't get up until after church starts. idk so we´ll work with her on that.

The other day at Maxi y Yamilas, recent converts, young couple. I was praying, "Please bless Maxi, Yamila, Valentino (their kid).¨ their gma was there to and I couldn't think of her name and at the same time I was trying to think of a way to say, "Bless Yamilas gma" hahahaha. My head was like ummmmmmm uhhhh and I sat there for like 5 to 10 secoonds and Maxi shouts out ¨Ester¨ during the prayer so i said "ëster."  I think it was Ester. I mumbled something that sounded like Ester hahahah. Then ended the prayer. It was the funniest prayer. hahaha

Oh, my comp, Elder Stewart was comp with Elder Kitchen in MTC. Craig and Jill's neghbor. So he was one of the people on that plane that went in the circle etc.! Small world hahaha
Got mail from the reunion from Smarts. Thanks, that was awesome! I like what Paul put about my mission being the 2nd bessd hahaha i laughed. And Nathan, i could understand some words that you wrote me in espñ. haha Got Alyssa dear elder from 25th about Bednar.
Do I use a sharpy for my initials on my shirts etc? A permanent one or what should I use? They're starting to fade.
Reggie's bedroom

My espñ is doing alright. Still taking time, but that's cool. I'm patient. Sometimes I'll be listening and I can get every word for like a sentence. I feel soo good after. It's like seeing how long you can balance on a chair on 2 legs, ¨oh oh oh 7 seconds alright ¨ I get that same feeling,  wahoo a sentence of words I understood. I can understand each individual word in a sentence, but I don't know what the word means. haha People say, after I read, that I have a great accent. So I'd like to thank everyone in the NBA that has had a weird Euro or Esapñ name. haha Saying their names is good practice. Sometime in the street to practice rolling my R´s I say Reginald Roberts, Ricky Rubio. hahaha Rubio is the baller from Spain.

I trimmed my hair today. It was getting a little long by my ears, but its still short. I did good. haha
Tomorrow, while my comp is in Bahia for some meeting, I'm going to be paired up with Elder Warren from logan and he's only been out a month more than me. We are teaching Alicia tomorrow and Melanie. hahahaha That will be a funny lesson to listen in on if you know spanish. Both rookies trying to speak. But thankfully we'll have members with us so they can help us out on what we re trying to say. They have some horse meat in the store down our street and you can get it cut up like ham and I totally want to try some horse! Played some bbal in wal mart. I got a ball and dribbled a little bit and did some air shots. My form looks good. haha Also, with my work outs I can feel that I'm getting more buff. It's sweeet you can see it in my body too. I need to come back looking like dad for sure haha.

Yesterday we went into familia Galli´s house, our neighbors, and they were watching Arg v Brasil in FIBA. I saw Delfino hit a 3.
Dang Utes lost, but that's good they're getting respect. I really love the quote dad said about work hard 24 hrs a day. That is going on my wall for sure! That is legendary!

It's hard but it's fair.
I'm going to try and send some pics.
Love u all
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment