Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 22, 2011 - Fourth Argentine Email

In the name of Marvin Gaye, "Whats goin on!?" Lol Kyle Gunther lol

Everything is good  here!
The weather here has been a lil bit Tom Jonesy haha it rained 3 days this week, but my rain coat and stuff are great. So while my comp says he's freezing i smile lol. Todays weather is good sunny. It's also some holiday remembering some 1s death or something. I think its just a day they made up so they dont have to work haha.

Elder Roberts by the Statue of Liberty
Last week i ran out of time on telling you about Beso´s. They are those S. American kisses. They actually don't kiss, just touch cheeks and make a kiss sound. Just like at Gma Merlyns and Chalos. At Wal mart a couple weeks ago a guy that we have talked to, just at his door, was there and he came over to me to greet me and i thought he was going to put his arm around my back but then i was like, ¨Awe man i have to kiss this dude.¨ And plus its normal for guys to do it here, so then i pretty much gave him a kiss (just touched cheeks). I felt like a total Tom Jones to the max hahahaha it was awkward. With fam i can understand, but some dude hahaha I've had 3 besos total.

Their purple kitchen
Anyways..i would like some recipes. mom some easy one that would be sweet. The most cooking I've done is spreading pbj on bread so im getting pretty good at it. But every once in a while my comp will go George Foreman style and cook something haha.  

This week with Investigators went really well. Early in the week we taught a 17 year old named Mateus Paez and at first he didnt want to let us in. Then my comp kept asking Quetsions like not giving up. Then he asked him again if we could come in and he was like sure. He's a bright kid, wants a good job, not just be like everyone else here, he wants a good fam etc. We gave him a book of mormon and he said he'd probably read the whole thing by Tuesday (tmrw) cuz he loves to read. Then yesterday we went to Sabina (almost Sabrina) and Nelson's house, a mid 20s couple and they have a few kids and they seemed interested. She prayed! Milanie didn't come to church. Oh well. We'll keep trying. She'll come.

The bridge
 We had the 4 other elders on Monday and they are hilarious!  One could sing incredibly good. He was singing Jason Mraz, Britney Spears, and Michael Jackson. He was way good. He's Elder Cortes from Chile. Then there was Elder Campos, he's good at English and his sooo funny he loves Michael Jackson. Our neighbors have a cat and he was making the cat do the moon walk hahaha. He's from Chile. Then Rodrigues from Mexico and Esparza from Chile.
Typical homes in Olavarria
Reggie and the Homer picture (see previous email)
Hey hey hey school's bout to start. Wahoo tear it up! Take spanish, have fun, be good, etc haha. I was looking at our planners and i saw 22nd and i thought wow they might be starting today but i hear its tomorrow. Good luck and good luck Dad, you'll b awesome for sure. Everyone already loves Reggie's dad and mom. People tell me that and I say, "I know they're awesome huh.¨  So they'll like you no question about it.

Met a drunk today and 2 days ago. They're pretty funny. One was riding a motorcycle. Pretty crazy!

The everything in a bag is weird, like milk, but I'm used to it. Im going to try and send more pics today. My shoes work well. Sometimes i get little rocks. I don't know how they get there but whatever.

I'm still pretty lost around here. Everything kinda looks the same. When we're walking by houses it kinda reminds me of when we walk to UTES football games with those houses by the road with like 5 steps of yard and the sidewalk is all bumpy.
Typical street in Olavarria
I've been able to find eveything good in my bags etc. And there isn't anything i didn't wish i didn't bring.
i haven't had to get a haircut yet. I got one about a month ago and my hair grows slow so i'll be good for another month probably. Speaking of months, I haven't played ball in that long, but thats okay lol.

Thanks for your love and support. I'm going to try and send pic and email weston.
LOVE Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
I know this church is true! Choose The Right
Graffiti of Evita

No comments:

Post a Comment