Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm still in Pico!!!! Wahoo!!!!

Zone Conference in Santa Rosa I'm on the front row, 2nd on the left
Felix, our 84 year old investigator who rides his bike everywhere

Laura and one of her good bye cakes

Picking up new companion

Eating lunch at the Videla's - I'm very tired

Recent converts, the Blancos

Elder Woods
Holaas

I'm still in Pico!!!!! Wahoooo!!! Elder Allen was transferred to Necochea aka beach ha and my new comp is Elder Tiger Woods ha. I knew Elder Woods from Tandil in my 3rd transfer there. He arrived and he's a cool guy. He reminds me a lot of Scott haha. Funny person! He's from ¨Las Vegas¨ until he moved to New Harmony a couple years ago. He's a big dude too. He got a scholarship to play at USU but he had knee problems and said the Lord needed him to go on a mission. We've had lunch b4 together in Tandil with divisions with other missionaries. He has 15 months in the mish hahaha. He was in the bus station in Tandil when I left haha and he and another elder were making fun of me that I'm going to nowhere haha and now he's with me lol. But Maracó is a gr8 area. I love it. The city is General Pico, but the lil branch is called Maracó. It's like cutting Stansbury in half and calling one side cool land or somethin even tho you're in Pico.

We had lunch with the Videlas, then we went home and slept cuz comp got here at 12:30ish like I did. He had to do the same trip I did haha like 10 plus hrs and Elder Allen left at 12 in the morning and I'm favring tired. I think I have a lil fever, but would I play basketball? Yes! That's the question I put to myself if I feel sick haha but I'm tired! but doing gr8.

Elder Dalton and El Martinez are still here. They're fun people. It was pretty cold today and yesterday. Like 75 hahaha almost put on a sweater, for real lol. We had an investigator attend yesterday. 84 yr old Felix Mendicoa. He's hilarious haha. He went to the sacrament meeting.  He went on his bike. He's pretty famous here for biking. He smokes and we are trying to help him get bapt cuz he said he won't do any commitments. He needs to get bapt! He's hilarious, a gr8 old man. He's always joking and said about us that he doesn't let any kind of person in, but loves it when we visit.

This transfer is 9 weeks. It'll be fun, but also they said in these weeks that there will still be missionaries coming in so we might get a call one day and they will tell us we've got a new companion. They're expecting like 30 new missionaries.

Comp Allen was sick in the beginning of the week. My 1st day with a sick comp borinnggg! haha  Then we had the conference in Santa Rosa and were gone all day Friday. It was a good conference and Pres. asked me when I leave, ¨in may¨ ¨in may?!!¨ He was shocked ha and he said to work these last 2 good.

I like what Gma Merlyn said bout service. That's one of my weaknesses, but I love asking people if they need help. I'm getting better, much better ha. You always feel good after. In the other area, the Blanco fam (the ones that got bapt a lil bit ago with tatts), they have lessons with their friends and there's like 6 of them that live in our area, but they go to the Blancos house for the lessons and Pres. said that they have to get baptized in our area, so we have permission to do divisions and to teach them. Pretty exciting!

estoy muerto haha imma pull a michael jordan and play sick.

I have more fotos disfrutenlan from Elder Allen and when he left. The Videlas always do a cake or Laura does them always. She gonna be a chef and we always eat with the Videlas on Sunday.

Keep praying and going to church. It's definitely true and i love the Book of Mormon. If we pray b4 where we should read, it never fails. It's awesome cuz we learn what we need to.

And Sub, it's true. Basically everything you learn b4 the mission you use. Like obedience, etc. I was pretty shocked how everything that surrounds you will help you be a good missionary.

love yalls
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment