Monday, January 28, 2013

Elder Woods is a gr8 guy

We finally contacted the investigators that have been talking to the other elders cuz they're family with fam Blanco, the converts. They already know a lot. They just don't feel ready to get married yet. He's 21, she's 22 I think, but they're gr8. Felix didn't go to church cause there was people workin on his house. Vero and Nico and Barbi went to church 2 weeks ago and they thought it was all closed, so they went home aww me mataron. They got  there when we would've been in sacrament meeting. Yesterday in sacrament meeting there was bout 65ish. Wahoo! Cuz a lot of family came to see the baptism of one of the 8 yr olds. They were all from Manu's world - Bahia.

Elder Woods is a capo. He's funny like Scott and people love talkin to him. He shared in church yesterday, with the youth, his experience bout growing up. How he played football and wasn't really active. He then separated his shoulder where he tore every tendon and the Dr's said he can't play more. He was talkin with some school to play and then felt pretty bad like God took somethin away from him. But then he said he started to pray and became active in the church and now he's here. He received like a scholarship or somethin to throw the discus at SUU and he used that in his story, like he felt for a while that Heavenly Father took somethin from him, but he was later rewarded for it. He's a gr8 guy. A good example to me.

Sam's espñ is good. If he did that on his own, he already knows more espñ than when I left the MTC. For real I didn't know anything. It literally sounded like Chinese and Tongan. But don't worry Jake! You'll get it good. Your much SMARTer then me hahah. I love learning new words. Noelia has a, whats the word? (lunfardo) She talks like the kids do. The youth learn a lot from her ha.

This morning I was reading in Alma 30, when Korihor was like, "Show me a sign, then I'll believe," and then was struck dumb aka. Be humble while you can. I like the scripture, can't think where its at, where he said it's better if your humble cuz you want and for the love of God you have and not for some instance or thing that happens to you to make you humble. And I like the end verse part how it says he followed the devil and the devil does nothin good for us and how he died pretty much like garbage in the street.

Alyssa's baby bump looks gr8. I was like fuuaahh de 10, she's lookin big wow! The pics look gr8 of everyone at the wedding, etc.

The snow looks . . . cold haha. Argy was pretty cool the past week, like 80. Where's the heat? ha

Keep workin hard and livin good and reading and praying with real intent. And keep prayin for me. :)
Love
Elder Reginaldo Grant Robertito

No comments:

Post a Comment