Monday, April 9, 2012

Transfered to Tandil, Training & My Bday

Watizzupzzz

Dang what a crazy week! I don't even know where to start. Ok, actually I do.
I'll start Tuesday on Alyssa's Bday.

Tues: so it was a normal day. Had district meeting in the morning, then
went on divisions or splits. I went with my homeboy Elder Muñoz, my amigo,
from Olavarria. And so you know we're walkin, doin work. Then he gets a phone
call and puts his hand up in the air to give me a high 5. And he's
like, "Your going to be training a new missionary and serving in
Tandil!" .....Say what Penny Proud?? I was like, "For real? What time do I
leave?" "Tonite at 12:30," he said. hahahaha So after a few hours of work we
went back to my house and I packed for the bus ride to go to Bahia
Blanca to get a brand spankin new fresh out of the US of A. haha But we
had a cool story going to the terminal or bus station at night. So I
was packing and pretty much ready and just waitin for Elder Himebaugh cuz
he was packin. Then he's like, "Ooh dang, its like 12 am," cuz he lost time
haha and I was waiting an waiting lol and the bus leaves at 12:30 and
it's like 45 to 40 min to the station. So we find a taxi in the street
and at that time it was 12:20 haha. Comp said to the taxi driver we need to be at the
terminal and he's like ok I'll do my best. Also, we had to stop by the
house of Elder Muñoz to get my backpack that I left there cuz of
divisions, so this taxi guy is floorin it and I'm like, "This is sweet!"
haha This has to be the taxi drivers dream. We called the other elders
on the bus if they could like tell some jokes to the bus driver and to
stall lol. So we ended up getting on the bus like at 12:35 am. It was like
a miracle. Pretty sweet! That taxi driver deserves to be in the taxi
hall of fame haha... Also, bcuz of the short time I had to say goodbye.
I said bye to Estevan Bassaga, his sis Patricia and her fam and the fam
below us. They were all sad. And we took pics. Ugh, that was pretty
hard cuz I think Patricia and her fam got bapt yesterday. But oh well,
just let it roll. We, me and like 7 other elders from Mar del, went to
Bahia and arrived like at 6:30 am on April 4th. Then we waited for our new
comps and when they did the big announcement with the trainers on one
side and rookies on the other, they showed my pic, and pic of Tandil,
your comp is  ..Elder Templeton. But he wasn't there cuz he was like one of
4 missionaries who actually said goodbye to his district in the mtc
bcuz he didn't have a visa until like 2hrs after the other
missionaries left for Argy. I think he would've served in SLC til he
got his visa so that was why they called me to train Tuesday cuz they
didn't know if they'd be coming or not. So we (me and 3 other
missionaries) with Pres and his wife and daughter stayed at the airport in
Bahia until they got off. So they got off and went to the office
until our bus left at 8:30 at nite. Then we took that and arrived in
Tandil at like 2 in the morning. We are living with Elder Koeven from
SLC UT and Elder Shreeve from Girlsie Idaho. haha He's actually the
missionary that Elder Stewart trained right after I left. So he took my
spot there. We are living in a brand brand new house. The mission signed
the contract on Apr 1st so it's way new. So new that we have nothing in
the house haha. Except 4 bed mattresses in one room and 4 chairs that we
took from the church and cold water haha. That is all we have. It's great
haha the shower doesn't even work cuz we have to wait til we pay for it
and we get the money, I think, like 13th haha. We don't have hot water, a
fridge, table, shelves nothin hahaha. It's so cool. It's one of those funny
sweet experiences on the mish. Now I'll tell you a lil bout Tandil. If you
look at Olavarria on the map, where i started, then go right diagonally
you'll hit Mar del Plata. Tandil is right in between those two. So my areas
are all in a diagonal. Pretty cool! This area used to be in the area of
other missionaries in Tandil 1A. We're Tandil 1B. They split their area
and now we're here. The missionaries we live with are in Tandil 3 haha.
They aren't even in our district. Tandil, to tell you how cool it is, people
from Mar del Plata come here to vacation. It's a beautiful area and
actually has the 2nd biggest statue of Jesus on the cross in the
world. I saw a lil today of it. It also has a famous big rock that
balances on another. Also, it has mountains, pretty weird. All that stuff
isn't in our area, but not to far. We do have a university that, I guess,
is a pretty good one in Tandil in our area. My comp is from Sandy and
actually went to school with Elder Himebaugh. Small world. My bday was
goood. It was my 1st day in Tandil (dang I was soo close to spending a
bday in MDP) but, yeah, it was good.  It was sweet, you know how I
said I only got one package? While I was at the office in Bahia, I was
lookin at the mail and I saw 2 packages for Elder Roberts."Thank you very much, I'll
take that." And like 2 bday cards from gma merlyn y chalo y mom and dad
and like 3 dear elders from Alyssa. So I ended up with all my packages
that you sent me. Thank you sooooo much. Now that I'm 20, doesn't that mean I'm on
the down hill of my life? hahahaha jk ¨Mohammed Ali¨aww (Wheaties) yeah that was
gr8. Thx for everything. I also needed that tooth brush cuz my lil
bathroom bag got left on the taxi, but he returned it to the house of
Elder Muñoz and I'll get it Tues night. So I needed that toothbrush lol.
hmmm what else? Yeah it's pretty sweet coming into and area ¨blind¨
where me and comp know nothin bout it. We have to walk like 20 min to get
into our area from our house. On the way we pass a like horse race
field. Maybe we can get the Kentucky Derby here.

Don't have much time. I would tell you if Pat y her kids got baptized, but idk.
It was pretty hard to say goodbye to them and the fam below us in MDP. It was
fun. Peace out, I'll see you another day. I found me a lil Mike Jackson fan.
A 9 yr old in our branch. We were at his house and i heard
¨Oooooooooooowww¨ Mj style ¨Say what? Is that mj?¨ He now thinks I'm
awesome and someday I'm a teach him the moon walk.ç

Well, I'll let this letter blow your mind and let it soothe in time to
serve and figure out where the heck I'm at in Tandil lol.
Thx for everything! love u all and thx for the birthday wishes and I
totally planned the letter to get to Alyssa in time. Thx for prayers y
everything keep them up.
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment