Monday, April 16, 2012

Second Week in Tandil. Living the dream, nbd haha

Watzupp

So yeah, I'm in Tandil, doin work, livin the dream, nbd haha.

It's definitely a different experience working pretty much from the ground up. This area use to be in other missionaries area, but I don't think they worked here much haha. Cuz our area book is skinny. So I'm diggin the "make your own path" thing. We have talked to some people and they were like, ¨I've talked to you guys b4, but you didn't really come back.¨ haha But we're doing good here. Comp is a capo. I don't know how he does it but he can understand well and talk good. He's blessed with the gift of tongues. He's playing like he has 3 or 4 months in the mish. He's funny too. It's funny, at times we'll be lookin at the map a lot in the streets cuz we don't know our way around.

We still have about as much as we did last week, as utilities and stuff go. We were waiting for the money. I think the banks or something weren't open for a while cuz of the Easter vacations. So we finally have money. Elder Koeven and Elder Shreeve went to go buy bunkbeds today and I think a thing to clean our clothes. As far as tables, spoons, forks, etc, haha nada. But we're maintaining lol. We have money now so we'll buy stuff this week.

The members are cool. The thing is that most of the areas live in the other part where they split off this area cuz we work above the route and the other elders in our church and most members, live below the route. But whatever, we'll just have to catch up so we can have equal amount haha. Training is fun. It makes you have to do a lot of things, which is good. This week the weather has been gr8! The other day, it was funny, we had to run home in the sprinkling rain. Our house is a 20 minute walk to our area haha. It's cool, we live behind a kiosco/lil store. So we can get stuff soon. Like a 20 sec walk.

The investigators are cool. We started with 0 investigators in our area, haha, cuz I don't think they worked up here much. But now we have some and they are doin good. A cool thing I was thinkin about the other day, about teaching in a different language, is that sometimes the only words you know how to say are bold. Not like crazy bold haha, but not being soft with investigator cuz we have the word of God and we can't just tell them it's a good idea to join the church, but that there is only one true church on this earth.

I think this week we are goin to work by the university cuz we still haven't gone that far in our area. In our area there is like a rugby field and like dirt hockey. It's a kinda spread out area, but its all good. All of our street names are like a tree name. Like oak, pine, cedar etc.

In our mish there are like 3 Elder Roberts´, I think, and one Robertson. So we are slowly taking over the mish. So if you send something to me make sure it says Elder Reginald Roberts haha. I got a letter from somebody in Wisconsin for elder roberts. I thought it was my boy brandon jennings. I was so excited until I realized it was for seth roberts hahaha.

Yeah V win student body wahoo!
Keep goin good, working hard. So will I. Keep smiling and do what Pres. Monson says, "Look UP!"
I'm going to run and read this email I just got.
Love you all muchisimo gracias por todo suerte eh
se que la iglesia es verdadera
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment