Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Companion - Elder Himebaugh from Utah

Hola buen dia todo bien como andan

This week (end of last week) was the ending of transfers and my boy Elder Cano has been transferred to where? Olavarria hahaha! But he's in the other area where Elder Muñoz was. He's like 5 to 10 min in taxi from where I started. It was kinda weird cuz he only had 4 months here in Mar del Plata, and everyone will be missing him here. The members love him cuz he's like a big kid haha and also he will be Zone leader in my old area. So he was pretty pumped up about that.

My new comp is from UT. Elder Himebaugh, Hime bah. Or I might start calling him Hansbrough.  He has almost 7 months in the mish, but b4 the mish he studied espñ in HS and college and was in the advanced espñ group in MTC and had a latin comp and everything there so he's pretty much fluent which is pretty cool. So that's the big news. He's from Sandy, went to Brighton. When he got off the bus this morning I saw his pillow case and it was a Utah Jazz one. I dig that. It was a good 1st impression haha. He's a big sports fan, but we won't talk about that much, pinky promise. He went to BYU and loves Jimmer Fredette and of course teach me how to jimmer ...watsup Sim..haha. Oh speakin of Sim I got their invitation for the wedding. It is awesome! I haven't got your package mom. But I will tomorrow almost guaranteed. Elder Stewart, my boy, was transferred to MDP, but another zone. So I'll get to see him a lil probably. I was at the terminal bus place when my boy, Elder Thomas was leaving to go to Bahia and then to go home to S. Ogden.

It is raining, Dad, but not like a ton. We were supposed to have the baptism of Catriel yesterday, but they had to go visit the brother of the Dad in jail, so not everyone would be able to come. I think it is lil bitter sweet, cuz if we did bapt him yesterday haha he'd be the only one from his fam to attend. So we're thinking either Sat or Sun and so the fam can attend. There's like 5 investigators in that fam that all smoke. So we'll have to work with them on that. But they're good people. Catriel is a capo haha. At times we have to remind him not to say bad words haha.

Dang Sub, how does it feel to have the surgery? It sounds painful! You'll have the cast on for this whole transfer, 6 weeks. Can you walk at all or all crutches? The bro of Catriel broke his leg the other day and it kinda looks like they got some plastic stuff and put it over his leg haha. Hopefully your cast is better than that.

How's the weather there? Hope it doesn't snow.

Our investigators are doin pretty good. Yesterday an investigator attended church (Marta). Kinda funny, earlier in the week we saw her at the bus stop and we were like, "Hey when can we pass by?" And she did the, "You know I'm busy. I think I have no time for you" excuse haha. But then one of the hnas (sis) in the ward called her and invited her to church and she showed up and we were like sweet. Comp bore his testimony. When he went up there he had a hymn book and was like ¨I'm going to sing..nah just kidding¨hahaha. He just read from the book. I'm defiantly going to take some of his style from him. Everyone loves him cuz he's hilarious. Like the other day hahaha we were at the house of a member and one of the daughters returned from EFY in Buenos Aires and she was talkin bout it haha but no one else was listenin ha but I was like, "Hey, I am." And then comp was like, "Yeah, but he doesn't even understand." hahah Then was sayin how (how do i say it?) like say okay can we end with a prayer or a scripture or somethin way off topic hahaha. It was more of a you had to be there moment. haha I don't even think I explained it well, but whatever haha.

Another funny moment with Elder Cano. I may have told you, but we were in a lesson and we were teachin a big ole guy that didn't have a shirt on and this guy is funny also and the guy asked, "Do I need to where a shirt and tie etc for your church?" And comp was like, "No, it's not necessary, it's for respect etc. But at least you need to put on a shirt." hahahaha We all got a good laugh out of that.

With this new transfer it's a new beginning again. This transfer I'm going to be workin on being more charitable and Christ like and totally lose myself. We all have weaknesses and those are some I need to work on. haha It's not like I don't do them haha, but I just need to improve them.

Espñ is going pretty good. I just need my comp to always speak in espñ haha but i always do. It's fun! I hope this week is awesome for everyone or in other words is ¨Linsane¨ haha.

Bueno Flacos gracias por su tiempo hasta un semana y ahora yo necesito encontrar una logar donde podemos esperar por el colectivo (Bus).

love u all smile siempre
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
I'm going to make like a tree and get the heck outta here hahahaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment