Monday, February 13, 2012

Look for me in the February Ensign (or Liahona)

Buenaaas!

It's good here. Weather is nice and warm haha.

1st off I want to mention I'm in the February addition of the Ensign (Liahona en espñ) there is a lil part that says something like missionary work in Olavarria and there is a big picture of like 25 of us. It was my very 1st Saturday in the mission when that happened. I'm in front row with Elder Thomas. I have a yellow tie and I'm right next to a man who looks like a bum hahaha. That was pretty cool to see.

We had a good week in finding new people to teach. But only one came to church. An old man, 83 yrs, named Ruben. He is the grandpa of an investigator that we found this week. The investigator is Damian and Elder Knutson and I found him. He said to come by another day. Then we walked by his house the next day (((((with Elder Knutson) and he said, ¨I want to learn about the bible in English.¨ He said it in English, so we were like, "Ok we can teach to in English." So we both taught lesson 1 in English and it was weiiiiird! haha my English has gotten worse, which is good. At times I'd start talking in espñ without known lol. It was pretty cool. My 1st lesson in English lol. We're planning on a baptism this week for Catriel, the 9 yr old. I think havin at least one of the fam members with the holy ghost will be good for them. We're planning on Saturday! Catriel's cool kid. His eyes are as blue as the sky haha.

Comp returned from the conf for the leaders and he was sayin how there will be in the next 3 transfers 68 new missionaries and only 28 going home hahaha with 5 new areas. So watch out. I may be training soon. Who knows!

We were walkin the other day and we both heard music and it stood out cuz it was American music. And we were like hey it's 50 cent haha. So comp let me do the door contact to a 19 yr old teen man and i was like, ¨Hey u like 50 cent? Me too!¨ and b4 I got done explainin who we are he's like, "Wanna come in?" haha it was cool. I think when I mentioned 50 cent it kinda lightened up the mood and he became more acceptive haha. He's Jhonatan (ya, that's how they spell it) Cool guy.

This week my mission call celebrated a year! Wow time flies! And Elder Thomas has one week left until he heads back to Ogden. Speakin of Ogden, when we went into this shopping place for groceries today, the security guy was like, "Where u from?" I said USA then Utah and he was like really? I lived in Ogden for 5 years. What for real? He went to school at Weber State and has a brother livin in Layton. He recognized Tooele when I said that Stansbury Park is by Tooele. So that was sweet. He said he really wants to go back and he had some friends in school that served missions but he was like I have my religion etc…We'll work on him haha. I've met like 3 people that have lived in UT and the rest in Miami.

Thx for the letters and prayers. I could feel them good this week thx for all.
Love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment