Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Super P-Day in Mar Del Plata

Hello again and Feliz Navidad hahaha

So that was sweet talking to you all yesterday and seeing everyone. It was pretty awesome. You guys all look great!!

I got the Duncans package today that they sent me. Thanks!! Also, the ward Christmas tree letter, thanks!

I forgot to ask you guys what you got yesterday from papa noel. It's pretty funny yesterday when we were talking with Melanie's family and her uncle or something was sayin how he heard on the radio how someone said on the radio that they thought Christmas day means it Santa's b-day haha. And they also didn't like how the Christmas feeling is dying here. I saw some guy working on his trees and I thought, "What are you doing? Don't work, eat some pie or something, its Christmas!" hahaha

Mom mentioned about how she wanted to know what else I ate at the party thing in Mar Del Plata (sea of the silver or (cash)). We ate some meat like beef and the sausage things and some salad and of course bread like they have in every meal. It was funny, they kept missing our table when they were giving out the meat. People would be going on their 3rds and we've had one serving lol. It wasn't a ton of food, but enough to feed everyone. I sat by El Dobson and he's still hilarious haha. Then we played ball and it was gr8!! Some fresh air! There was some Argy scouts in the building, but I was like, "Sorry, I can't play for you now." haha jkjk

So it sounds like I have an accent you say? Thats cool. Is it like a mexy accent like, ¨yeah man howsa goin man¨ or is it a Cali accent cuz I'm with comp from CA haha.

Mar Del Plata is really one of the most gorgeous places I've been. It's funny. When we were driving on the streets to Mar Del Plata they have the normal white lines like in the USA, but in Olavarria they just drive wherever they want haha cuz there's no lines. And it felt weird with the lines and it was a lot slower like in the USA (more formal) to. And I wanted to say to the driver, "faster" haha so if I come back and I drive like a maniac it's alright haha anyways....There are beautiful buildings and beaches and eveything. The main part of Mar del is like a ¨U¨ the shape of the "u¨ is the road and on the tips, top parts are big buildings and it's really incredible. The part in between the ¨U¨ is ocean so you kinda go around it but the ocean is kinda below  ¨downstairs¨ haha or however you can explain it ha. I also knew that they played the FIBA bball tourney to go the Olympics there and so I had an eye out to find it and we passed the arena it was awesome!

Cecilia said she's 70% for sure that she doesn't want to get bapt on the 31st. Her son Nico (11) doesn't want to get bapt too.  Ugh! So I'm lookin forward to a week of miracles to find 3 people to bapt b4 1/1/12 (the last yr ever) Luke 1:37.

It snowed this morning  haha jk. Still sunny. I wanted to ball way bad with the new ball and stuff but comp was like the other elders want us to go hangout with them. I shed a tear jk next week.

Jimmer looks gorgeous in purple. I hope that doesn't sound at all weird or anything haha. Thx for those. Ok sorry I'm talkn lil bit bout ball but how many games are they going to have this yr, like 60? And an all star game or what? it will be a challenge now that the season has started but I promise I'll focus as hard as I can on gospel.. ugh I can do it haha.

It's cool, I heard they have even more fireworks on New Year's Eve at 12 then they had on the 24th at night. So that will be cool to hear! As we were walking to church, it was hilarious, we saw a guy, probably low 20s, sleeping against a wall with one of his shoes off by his leg haha. He probably got drunk and fell asleep haha. I wanted to poke him haha. But after we passed him we think one of the teens set off a firework by him to wake him up cuz we saw him laughin at him when we walked by and we heard a big boom where we just were haha.

Espñ is doing gr8! Still gotta keep goin hard. I could understand everything like I said at church. There are some words that I didn't know why they were placed in the sentence, but so far it's doing good.

Merry Christmas!!! everyone and a happy new year with a new beginning and everything! Party hard, don't stop til you get it. CTR and read the BOM and be gr8. Church is true without a doubt and study your spanish haha. I'll give you a word ¨hoya¨ (ho_ sha) it means awesome. Pretty much the literal translation is Jewel ¨que hoya¨means, thats awesome.

Love Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

1 comment:

  1. Reggie wasn't lying when he said it was gorgeous down there!!

    ReplyDelete