Monday, December 5, 2011

Crazy Utahish weather in Argy!

Hola everyones!!

todo good here

I just got done reading bout Grandma Smart's letter bout the weather and the wind. Dang that's good that everything is okay. We actually had a similar thing like that to. We got out of lunch at bout afternoonish and then we headed to a less actives house which was pretty far from our house. The day started off hot and normal, then some clouds after lunch, nothing threatening I thought. Then it was lil bit raining, just sprinkles and my comp wanted to try to beat the storm home and go to our house to get jackets haha. But I thought he was nuts so we called a remis (taxi). Then about 2 min later the wind came like crazy. We went inside the members house, the power was out. It was pouring and windy. Then it started raining rocks (actually hail haha they call it rocks) and they were pretty big! I was thinking, "Dang, I thought I was in Argy not Utah lol." So the wind, strong wind, went for like 5 min and we waited for the remis and i thought I heard one of the windows brake. But I think its fine. The remis came, but it was like 3 houses down and so one of the member ladies goes in the rain and everything barefoot and gets the remis to come to our house haha. We ran to the remis and got home good! haha It was pretty nuts. The power was out for a lil bit but luckily we got ours by night. Some tree branches were in the street. Some cable telephone wires and fences were blown over. Some people were saying it was a tornado or hurricane haha. Sweet. So thats my cool story with the weather haha.

We had some investigators assist church. Cicilia, she was a investigator for forever before, but I think the missionaries just gave up on her. She has 2 sons Julian, 14. He has some mind problems. He has a mind like a 5 yr old. He can't talk or anything. He's a capo. He sat on my lap for a lil bit, haha during a lesson. The other son is Nico, 11 yrs. It was cool, during church yesterday she said, "When I get baptized do I have to buy my own clothes?" We told her no. So that's cool she wants to get bapt. We had Alicia go with us to a lesson with her. Alicia's awesome. She loves Pres. Kimball. We'll teach her something then she'll say, "Oh Pres. Kimball said something bout that!! Also, we went to church in Laprida yesterday. The area we go to with the Fees once a week. The record b4 with people were 8 or 9 for people in church. We had 17 people plus 3 babies that we blessed yesterday!! 3 of them are investigators!! Ayelen (ashelin) Camila y adrian! They're cool! We hope to have success for them this week!!

This week my comp wants me to talk on the phone to other missionaries in our district when we takes stats for the day at night haha! I've done some phone calls for lunches to.

Finished Christmas shopping. Got some cool stuff for cheap!

My espñ is doing good. My understanding was good this week. One of the less active ladies talks so fast and I remember when we 1st met her I had no idea what she was saying haha. But now I can lil bit and its sweet! I think it's cool being in my 1st area for a good amount of time cuz I may be here long enough where I can understand people. I can pretty much understand Americans speak, just cuz the accent. And I'm trying to get the Argys down. It's funny, some people its pretty hard to understand. Like our zone leader in our district, he sounds like an Arabian speaking Spanish haha. But he's from Argy. He sounds like that guy off the Simpson's haha.

Food is pretty good. For lunches, we either get noodles, milanesas (breaded meat) or pizza. It's pretty good sometimes lol. Haven't had a big asado (argy barbecue) but I can't wait to have one. I've heard they're gr8. Sometimes for lunches, my comp and I try to guess what we'll be eating. One time I guessed the whole meal perfect, including drinks. I was trying not to do a touchdown dance or something when they brought out the food and I was correct on all lol. I think the most unusual food is still horse. I've heard of people eating, dang it, I just forgot what its called, starts with an A lol.

Shoes are doing pretty good! My big sole ones should last the mish i think. Only wear suits on Sunday. They're still clean.

The other day, we knocked a door of a lady and she was saying how she listened to us (missionaries ) b4 and she said we can't mention Joseph Smith in her house. She also said how she has a the bible and needs no other bible. And it got me thinking of how the church, even if you didn't have a testimony of it, makes totally sense cuz do you think God will stop talking to his children after Jesus died? Nah! It reminded me of that scripture in 2 Nephi about God saying how he gives us the Book of Mormon and how come people don't want to hear more words of God and how we shouldn't just have the bible. I know for sure that if anyone reads Book of Mormon with true intent they'll know the church is true! They'll feel peace and the holy ghost.  The Book of Mormon is so good! If you want to feel the HG read!! I know when I started reading with a purpose it changed me!

Go Utes! Playing in ¨the step¨ Texas (translation) vs GT!  Packers - nuff said and my boy Cam Newton, sup! When in doubt throw to steve smith!

That's cool dad you saw Elder Oaks. His daughter can play the violin way good. She played in the MTC for us. The workouts are fun! Love them!

yo quiroe hablar sobre nada en español ahora jaja

u guys are aweome keep goin hard doing the right etc
loves yall
Elder Reginaldo Grant Roberto

No comments:

Post a Comment