Monday, November 28, 2011

Talking to EVERYONE on the street!

Hello people
Life is good!

Comp and I are still here in Olavarrrrrrrrria! I'm glad bout it. It's a chill place. Here people are cool etc.

Glad to hear that you had a good thanksgiving.  Haha Comp and I totally forgot until it hit me at like 10:20 on Thursday night. So then I told comp happy thanksgiving haha. The warm weather keeps you focused for me haha.

I guess there is a volcano in Chile or somethin and so this week we has a lil bit of some smoggy ash stuff in the air. It just looked kinda brown. It was pretty sweet, but other than that weather is awesome hahaha. Comp hates the heat (don't ask me why he lives in Cali). He's funny bout it too, ¨Eat me dog I cant take it! I want to shave all my hair off it's so hot.¨ haha he's funny.

We had no investigators at church, but Carmen, one of our investigators who doesn't go to church cuz she visits her hubby in the jail on Sunday morning, said that she knows the book of mormon is the word of God. We just need to help her with her hubby situation. We went to Laprida, about a 10 min drive from our area. It's still in our area but we took a bus out there. It's cool, the bus drivers have some skill. As soon as you walk on the bus he's driving. Then he takes your money, gives you change and a ticket while he's driving. I have a hard time talking and driving lol jk. But they have skill. Laprida went well. Dropped off a book from a reference we got and taught a 19ish yr old girl. She liked the message, but didn't go to church. Also taught two other girls in their teens sitting in a park. Haha at the end we asked for their address and they didn't know and so we asked for their phone number and her fone is broken. So we have no contact with them haha. We hope that one day maybe we'll just see them in the street and chase them down or something lol.

Comp and I have tried hard to talk to everybody, like people we pass in the street and etc. We take turns presenting ourselves. It's pretty fun cuz we know God places everyone in our way and we know we can get more baptisms for ourselves from talking to everyone. We haven't had a bapt yet. I actually have a rally mustache right now lol jk. But for real I miss that feeling. There is a Elder from Olavarria (other area like 7 min drive away) and he's in the Utah South mission, El Fuentes. He was telling his mom how he had a bad week cuz they didn't baptized anyone that week lol. Then that got me thinking why can't we have a baptism every week also. We can have them I believe. I know it will take a ton more work. We are always trying to be the best, my comp and I, can be. With this new transfer beginning I have high expectations. I want to work absolutely as hard as I can with zero regrets. Maybe we'll have one bapt this transfer. But I know if we do everything we can we'll be blessed.

It's cool having 6 months in the mission! As dad said, I finished my freshmen year. I like those comparisons. Sophomore year is beginning. I have a lot of expectations. Time to step up! I'm pumped lol.

Had a primary program thing at church. There was like double the people. We missionaries and former sang Called to Serve. It was pretty powerful! It was cool, bout 10 to 14 of us sang. During a kid's talk his sister was by his side and she said, "You're talking with your nose.¨ lol it was funny everyone laughed.

I haven't received gma smarts package.

I also have a jump rope to use. Thank you so much for the exercise thing and tips. I can't wait to start tomorrow morning.

I don't know what time we will skype on christmas. I'll be in Olavarria during it.I think Pablo and Julia said we could use their computer. idk the details on it, but when i know I'll tell you. We may skype from the Fees house idk. It's cool here, for Christmas on the 24th they party hard. Fireworks all night  and stuff. Open some gifts. I think they kinda take it easy after partying all day the 24th lol. Then on 6th of Jan the kids get lil gifts in their shoes like stockings haha. It's a good time to have shaq size feet lol.

My space, mom, is clean. At 1st I was a lil messy, but these last few months I'm gr8 at being clean! My clothes are doing pretty good.

It's good to hear bout the NBA starting on Christmas. Fffeeew, now I can sleep at nights hahaa jk. I don't think bout it that much, but that's good news! I'm crying right now after hearing the utes update. Dang it that stings. Hopefully they get a good bowl and next yr is takeover season for them :) Urban Meyer capo.

Well, take it easy. Have some cake or do something cool in the cold weather haha. It's warm here. Be safe. Choose the right, read the book of mormon and pray and smile. Church is true, no doubt. It's funny hearing others takes on religion and their beliefs, like jehovah witnesses only believe that 144,000 people will be saved. Hmmm does that sound a lil weird? And some lady gave us a lil book from her religion thing and it had a pic of some guy that looks like he has shaving cream all over his face (beard) its pretty funny. I'll get you a pic. But yeH CHURCH IS TRUE AND IM SO GLAD THAT I GREW UP IN THE TRUTH AND GET THE CHANCE TO HELP SAVE PEOPLE sorry that was all in caps lock haha i had my head down typing.

love u all
love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
time to wrk :)
and thanks once again for the wrkout thingy dad

No comments:

Post a Comment