Monday, November 21, 2011

Eating Thanksgiving Dinner in Argentina!

Isle at Walmart. They love their alcohol here.
Hola personas todo bien!

Happy Anniversary Alyssa Y Scott! It's been a year with plenty more Felices!!

I got Christmas stuff as well as Thanksgiving stuff from gma Merlyn. Thanks. I also got a package from the Facers. Is that for Christmas or now to open? haha. I got all the packages Mom and some dear elders from Alyssa and the Bryan's and some letters to. Thanks everyone!

Its wonderful outside :) I had  my 1st experience with humidity and its awesome cuz its always hot haha! Even at night! Sweeet!

It did rain the other day, but I was happy becuz it wasn't snow lol! I was with Elder Warren when it rained and we were walking on the sidewalk thing and there was puddles in the street and stuff and some car drives by us and splashes us hahaha! It was gr8 haha. It was cool cuz it didn't get us more wet then we already were cuz we were soaked, like throwing water on a wet rag haha. I think it was even funnier cuz Elder Warren hates rain pretty much more than anything haha. But he has a funny good attitude bout it haha.

La conferencia de zona was good. I could understand it especially at the beginning. Then it kind of just faded lol. The conferences are long. We got there at 10 and ended at 7ish. A lot of sitting lol. President talked about how if every companionship gets 3 bapt for the rest of the year we will have 1000 as a mission! So we're working for that as a mish. We had no inv at church, but yesterday is gone. Oh well. Pres also talked bout always setting goals which I like to do! Pres is such a capo. I don't think he's been anywhere in the world without a friend (everyone loves him) and he's funny haha.

Melanie is doing gr8! All her fam goes to church now on a regular basis. We used to kinda push her to church but now she can't get enuff!! Her mom goes to church, she was less active, and her gma goes and her bro who's 6, (and who thinks I'm so cool haha we have a handshake thing) is mad that he can't get baptized yet cuz he's only 6. We have family night with them today. Alicia is trying to quit smoking. We set a calendar up with her to help her quit by Dec 1.

Last Monday after emailing, we knocked a door and some 16 yr old answered. We talked to him and he's a capo. He said he's always seen us in the street but never knew what we teach. He wants to play for BOCA (soccer team) and I think thats awesome. And also he said, "I have a question, what is your thoughts on the end of the world stuff?" And what else is crazy is that the 1st 3 out of 5 days in the week someone brought up the end of the world stuff. I think it's pretty interesting that people nowadays are really interested in what is going to happen to the world cuz it seems like every week some pastor is saying like, ¨Hmm 25 of January, yep the world will end.¨ And especially after 11/11/11 I think you might be able to put that question in with the category of, ¨Why am I here, where am I going¨ stuff. It's pretty interesting. We then obviously explain our beliefs on it and also how we don't think the world will just explode. That's what a lot of people think. I think I'll become good at teaching that subject haha.

Today we had Thanksgiving!! haha We went to the elderly Fees house. We do that on the last Monday in each transfer (eat with the Fees as a zone).We had turkey, mashed potatoes. We also got to watch Cowboys play haha! Just messing! I sat by a new Elder Wagner from Texas, so I felt pretty americonized (cool word). Also the last 2 times we had lunch with them we play that telephone game where you whisper in someone's ear and you try to keep the same sentence by the end of the circle. It is gr8 with people that can't speak espñ and english hahaha. This is the last week of transfers and its good expecting not to go anywhere.

Espñ is espñ! haha Still kinda a week without much progress, but whatever. It'll come!

I like having the winter warm here during the holidays cuz it also helps me stay focused cuz i kinda forgot about Thanksgiving til today and Christmas just cuz it doesn't seem like it haha. So that helps me stay focused.

Haha, the other day we walked by a guy and he had a beer in his hand and he said, ¨Hey guys I know you!¨Then looked at our tags and said, "Oh English, I know English!" Then he said, "cbehbfjafiueafiuahfiueufh" pretending to talk in English. Then he paused and looked up and blinked hard to the heavens for like 20 sec hahaha. My comp and I just looked at each other like who is this guy haha. Then he said, "I have to go." Then left. They like their beer here. We have some drunk buddies that we always pass by going to Maxi and Yamilas. They're pretty cool. One day we'll see them in white :)

More and more kids are playing soccer in the streets. They're coming out of hibernation from the winter. When I get a ball I pick it up and spin it on my finger and they think its soo cool! lol

Go Utes!
Dang the nba isnt sounding good :(

Well ches have a splendish week cuz I will eat some turkey and snow hahaha snow!

yo espero tienen bien dias esta semana con dia de gracias y cosas

chau
love
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment