Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Third Argentine Email

Hooola Everyone from ARG

So the elections are over here i think Manu Ginobili won as president! Thats allegedly, my facts might not be correct lol Chiste!

Great news here for Mothers Day and Christmas in our mission we can Skype home instead of just calling!! So I'll be able to see your faces!!

Things are terrific here yesterday one hour of church felt a little weird (cuz of elections) i felt kinda guilty for going only to one hour of church. hahaha

This week there was a day where i did pretty well in español, mainly on understanding. I could understand a kid all of his words in a probably 7 word sentences and we were talkin to an hermana in the ward and i could understand more words than usually. It was cool the lang has slowed down a little bit, but i still obviously have a lot of work to do, just trying to work hard and get better every day.

Today and a little bit til tomorrow we have 4 other elders, all native, staying with us. Because we have a zone conf on tues for basically til 4pm so most of the day and so it will be 90 percent spanish in our house. haha It'll be fun. I'm going to try and talk a lot and learn alot i dont care if im way off on the words. I say I'm just going to talk a lot (in Esp) so I can pick it up, plus it'll be entertaining to them to hear me speak Esp. hahaha

This week most of all our appointments fell through and so we spent even more time walking. I just try to find people. But hey you know days will be like that. We just have to keep going. Keep workin and we'll receive more investigators. We just need to do everything. We can and work as hard as we can thats all they ask of us. So i didnt think of this week as a fail or a bad week. Like at the end of some days where we have no luck with anything my comp will say how rough of a day the day was and etc. But i think every day is great here. Seriously we get to serve the lord 24/7 so it is not a fail to me or a bad day. i dont have bad days. There will be hard days but no bads ones. if i hear some negative about a day, words just bounce off me and i try to turn it positive. Geez I make it sound like my comp is a baby lol he's not haha hes a great guy teaches me alot.

We have a wal mart here about a mile or so a way. Not to far. We go shoppin every mon after 10 usually 11ish. It's great. It has all our necessities so i feel blessed with that here. And have i told you everything is in bag like milk ketchup etc you just cut a corner off of it. And some bags have twisty lids in like the corner.

Some peoples eyes here are crazy sweet. Some guy we talked to had brown eyes then carolina blue around his eye. No joke two colors in one. It's also cammon to see greenish, gray or lite brown eyes.

They have a caramel stuff here called Dulce de Lech its pretty good. My comp loves it. They're normally in between alfajores. It's funny here how i was saying that there is a lot of motorcyles here and those mo ped scoot things they also have those small bikes from dumb and dumber i always get a kick out of them each time i see one. hahah

How is Lucy doing? Still being the best dog in the world! Speaking of dogs there is quite a few, not a crazy ton, but they're around alot. They bark at you and it reminds me of opposing fans yelling at me in bball i love it hehehe gets my engines going.

Met a pretty funny guy the other day. At his door my comp xplains who we are, he's about mid 70s and he just starts saying ¨ïm alone alone alone alone´¨ my comp was then like ¨´Aand´¨? the man ¨´iM  also not good up here¨´ (pointing to his head)´¨ i"m going to a psychiatrist´¨ haha we were laughin about that. hahaa

We went to thw¡e Norte Parque a park on Saturday and we went around talking to people bout the gospel. It is a huge park of grass and some or one playground. A lot of people  run, jog, walk around it on a sidewalk thing. About that river, thats in our area and we cross a bridge that at first was pretty scary to walk across bcuz the boards on it are loose and it is one of those wobbily bridges and its pretty high. But now its not as scary anymore we have an investigator on the other side. She's been sickk all last week, so we couldn't teach her and she didnt go to church. What else is here, we have a zoo. I'll have to attend it sometime. i guess there are lions there. or one a pic on a building of Homer Simpsone eating a donut. So I'll have to get a pic by that and send it to you (did you get my pics good last wk) they have a mini statue of liberty saw it yesterday and its actually outside of our boundaries so we can only see it from across the street.

Walked most of everywhere in my area. There is 2 others comp in olavarria i belive so it is pretty big. It's just me and my comp who live together and we live next to members who own a bakery like across the street. The bathrooms are tiny, can barely fit the 2 of us in it. A shower, toilet, sink but they have no public bathrooms except in gas satations.

We have like 7 investigators. The girl thats been sick, Etsevan who we might drop cuz we havent talked to him in 2 wks and a fam of like 5. A couple, gma and a cousin the husband (ill just calll him that even tho they're probably not married) seems most interested. Has some questions bout the book of Mormon.
Thanks for sports update and Manu update and Argy players. Congrats sub on making team work hard and don't get frustrated. good luck V and Dad in school.
Weather isnt that bad here, just wear my jacket that connects to my big coat.

Love Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
ps emails are probably the best way to communicate with me regularly cuz i get mail whenever the zls give it to us and they send mail from BB. I've just received a dear elder from alyssa & scott and De la Melenas thats all the mail I've received.
love u!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment