Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Working hard - even during siestas

They got us wet on Elder Wood's birthday with water balloons.

Working with Hueso Videla

Saying good bye to Elder Allen
Holalalalas

It's kinda cold here. aww no ha! The other day when we were shopping I saw winter jackets and was like, "Oh no, not yet!" ha But it's still like 70 something. The other day it hit 99 yeah.

My comp was a lil sick this week. He's got somethin with his stomach. We went to the doctors on Valentine's Day with Hna Videla and we're going again Friday. But he's doing better. He was sick 2 days.

We think Nico y Vero are in Buenos Aires. We talked with them Tuesday (day b4 comp was sick) and they don't have a phone or anything so we couldn't call, but they said somethin bout Buenos Aires and we think they're there for vacations. They didn't go Sunday to church. Saturday, no Friday, in nightish the President of the branch called us to see if we could give a talk, us both, Sunday (yesterday). wahoo yay joy lol! Naw it wasn't that bad. We were assigned missionary work again and I read some parts of the last conference general where Pres. Monson talked bout how we should see others and how they could become. My favorite part is when an apostle interviewed a missionary in 1961 and this missionary was the most successful of like total and the apostle was like so did you get a lot of references and he said no we did all our baptisms by knocking doors. When I imagine the people in white for baptism and as children of God I can bear a real good testimony to them that can touch them. That is true! I've seen it when I kinda take my myself out of the situation or how they look now (people in the door) and imagine them in white with testimonies. I have more love for them there, not just a normal person.

School's starting soon, next Monday. Wow time flies! The other day it hit me that we're in February and March is when summer ends :/

I may buy one of their school uniforms cuz they're funny haha jk. The kids have like a Dorothy apron that they all use and the older kids have a Bill Nye white jacket.

Alright Jake, you're gettin close man. Take over Mexico. Don't worry, you'll learn espñ. You're much smarter then me SMARTer haha. I love espñ or what it's called here castellano (kah steh SHAWNn oh). I don't speak espñ haha. It's pretty amazing how I and us missionaries can learn it. I don't really know how it happened lol. You just all of the sudden know it. I love learning cool words. At time with the Videlas they'd say somethin and they're like, "Write that down Elder Roberts, that's a good word." lol like I learned the word nebuliser nebulisador hehe.

It was funny, Saturday we were workin in the street at like 3:00ish and if you've been to Argy that time is sacred... for sleeping ha. But you miss every shot you don't take, you miss every door you don't touch at 3:00 or at 8:00. But anyways, we were in front of a house clapping to see if anyone is home and a guy walked by us and said, "With all respect, you shouldn't work right now, everyone's sleepin." I was like, "Hey, can we talk to you then?" hahaha He was like no and took off fast lol. I like workin in the siesta bcuz others don't ha. It's hard no doubt cuz literally at times you look down both ways of the street and nothin, but there's always some one if you believe. Don't tell me everyone's sleeping haha.

Felix, I think, is done with his house. It's yellow now lol. He hasn't been home the last few days. We found a lady named Ana the other day. When we rang her lil door bell phone and she's like, "Who is it?" "We're missionaries, etc."  "One moment," she said. Comp was like, "She said that in English." I was like, "For real? Cool." cuz for me English and espñ is the same when i hear it. cuz I talk espñ to all. It was pretty funny. I get confused, but she had some interest. She's going to Orlando in May, but we set a baptism date with her.

have a good week and feel the spirit.
Church is true and there's only one way to have happiness, living the gospel.
Love
Elder Reggianito Conceder(to grant) Robert
ps happy bday Matt Skinner u da man big bro

No comments:

Post a Comment