Monday, March 19, 2012

Zone Conference & Miracles

Holaaa people

We are on a lil late today cuz we just got done with zone conference and it was gr8! President is one of the coolest people of all time nbd! I love how he always talks bout vision and stuff. It was my 3rd zone conference and I understood it all! It was gr8 to finally understand him haha. Also, I got to see Elder Stewart. Hes' a zone leader in MDP somewhere and he told me Cicilia, the mom that had the kid who is special, finally got baptized! wahooo! And he said Melanie is planning to go visit the temple!! Also, I probably saw Elder Acosta, my 1st zone leader who is now assistant, for like the last time cuz he leaves in like 2 weeks. He's a capo for real!

Dang this week was gr8! We saw some miracles I'd say. 1st off, remember Estevan Bassaga? He's less active, has a son named Estevan also who is 13. And then there is Patricia the sister of Estevan Sr. She listened to the missionary discussions with her bro like 10 yrs ago, but didn't get baptized cuz her hubbyman didn't like the church. And they were just together so she couldn't. But 10 yrs later she lives across from Estevan Sr. She also has 2 daughters who can get baptized, Abril (12) Sofia (10). The bishop talked with Estevan Sr. and said that if he comes to church and stuff and changes a lil he can baptize those 4 this Sunday!!! Estevan Sr. is pumped to baptize his son Estevan, Patricia, Abril, and Sofia. We're having the baptisms Sunday. We taught Patricia, me and Elder Muñoz, on divisions when I was with Elder Cano like my 2nd weeks here in MDP. We finally found her at her bros house Monday and she told us her schedule. She is so excited to get baptized. She's got a million dollar smile. It's been a while that we've been trying to baptize Estevan Jr. but he just wasn't progressing much and they never really went to church. It's cool to see the puzzle pieces all fall into place. Also, Monica was with her sis like the whole week. We found her Saturday and she was like, "Church was awesome and all the kids loved it." We had lunch with a member who works in primary and she said the kids were reading and participating, etc. So we can baptize them maybe not this Saturday but next. Between conference maybe. They just need too attend twice, and if they appear ready we can baptize them. So if all goes gr8 and dandy when we wake up on April Fools Day we could have 9 baptisms. And 10 in this transfer (with Catriel)!!! Pretty nuts! There is also Yanina who is the lady that has attended the church the last 4 yrs, but never got baptized. We're working and hoping that her hubby can baptize her between conference. It'd be a ¨March madness miracle in Mar del Plata¨  yeah I just made that up lol! It'd be gr8 to have them all baptized. Please keep praying for them and stuff. Wahoo I'm pumped!

Ariel, Gustavo and Catriel didn't attend church cuz they were in the hospital with the lil kid with broken leg. Monia and her kid's didn't attend yesterday. She has the kids every other week and when she doesn't have them she goes and visits her sister. That's why its been hard to find her but the kids were going to ask their dad if they could go to church, but none of them did. But this week she has the kids and so we can teach them (they switch Sunday nights).

Yesterday we were approached by a man. And he's like, "Hey Elders!" and whenever someone says Elders here and we don't know them, it's like ¨wait a minute, what did u say? ¨ haha He is a less active and he prayed for help like 30 seconds b4 we saw each other in the street. So that was pretty cool to hear. We'll talk to him this week.

Dad asked if it's reverent here in church haha. Umm sometimes. They're gr8 in sacrament meeting. b4 not really. But during yes and between classes haha no. Comp and I were in the lil ¨gym¨ area while waiting for the other ward to end classes and lil kids were running etc and I said to Comp (or thought it, can't remember) ¨Welcome to church in Argy¨ haha. But they're really good in sacrament meeting, but after everyone has to talk with everyone lol. But it's good that they're friendly at least haha.

We spend our time some days passing by houses that we have maybe 2 or 3 set appointments. But with the time in between we go to people's houses that would be there at that time. If not, we pass by the old investigators. We've kinda started more of that. We try to find people. The rule goal thing is to find 2 new investigators a day. In zone conf today Pres said there is 800,000 people in MDP. There definitely will be a temple here some day and in Bahia. The mission is growing like crazy. Pres said we've always had around 160 to 170 missionaries here and now by the time he leaves in June we'll have 240 missionaries in the mish. I liked how Pres said today the Lord is sending missionaries here because it will grow. It's gr8!!! For example the Elders in Colinas (in our district) have a pretty big house, I guess, and next transfer they're will be 6 Elders in that house. Our mission boundaries are pretty big. I think like from MDP to Bahia is 9 hrs. Then on the other side of Bahia is all of the the state ¨La Pampa,¨ but I guess we only use like half of the whole state cuz there is nothing passed mid way in La Pampa. That is also like 5 to 9 hrs the other way from Bahia. So from the Pampa to MDP is a long ride lol and MDP is like one of the biggest growing places. I feel blessed to serve here. btw we had zone conf with all the elders in MDP, like probably like 35 to 40 missionaries. Pretty sweet.

I remember dad asked me if I drink the water, like 2 weeks ago, but for some reason never answered. I always remembered it except when I'm writing. Yes, I drink the water. It just took like a week to get used to haha.

Well, I don't think i have anything else. It's getting dark outside :/ hah. And it's like 4 where you are. Oh and I'm pumped for conference. It'll be awesome.

My espñ is doing gr8. It pretty much is to the point where it has ¨clicked.¨ It's still a lil hard to talk cuz it takes more thinking, but its going good. I did get V's email. Hey Dad and V, your middle name is a word in espn. It means ¨he/she/it read.¨ Cool right? V you're 2 /3 espñ, Dad 1/3, Scott also 100% haha. Dont know why I put that.

gracias por todo no recibi el mensaje de Chalo que mama dijo que el envio gracias por sus oraciones y todo pero yo recuerdo el idioma que estaba pensando que chalo capaz (would know, dang forgot the word lol) es en chile no Peru pero tambien escuche que hay otro idioma en Peru pero que se yo jaja mei encanta la frase que se yo

Thanks. Love u all. Keep up the prayers.
Con amor
Elder Reginald Grant Roberts
And also b4 I forget. It's funny, people ask me if I'm either from Argy or Brazil sometimes cuz I'm tan like them. ¨Hey where you from? Brazil?¨ The other day a guy said, "I haven't seen many missionaries like you...you're from Argy right? Cuz all of you guys are from USA.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment