Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 1, 2011

Email
 
hey hey hey everyone how is life
its bueno here like always!

Elder Bednar spoke to us last Friday and it was awesome he talkd bout becoming a pRCH MY gospel missionary"
It was awesome and 7 out of 12 apostles were there perry nelson ballard bednar holland andersen andi cant think of the others and dont have enuff time to look it up haha
and after breakfast on last sat isaw elder perry walking by and he asked us group of pple how our language is going...itts cool ive been in his presence up close 3 times

So thr NBA might be having a lockout that is bittersweet cuz maybe Manu will be in Bahia Blanca longer so i can teach him!! i pray that ill be able to teach him :) but if its not the lords will im okay with it but i really want to

24 days left in America!!! i cant wait!! well probly get our plane plans in a wk or 2

Elder lang and Mcdaniel are the new zone leaders. well get new dist leaders sunday\

Today is the last day to go to the temple:( so im sad they will becleaning it an re open it on the 25th ive really enjoyd going each fri

i saw another baby the other day and it felt like christmas a little bit hahaha a real live baby
to bad we cant hug kids and i probly assume we cant hold them either :(

tomrw we have a little special treat fo the 4th of july im excitd

so jimmer is wearing No. 7 awesome me gusta jimmer

sweet story bout me folowing the holy ghost promptings...so its wed and there are a billion new missionaries and it was dinner time so it was packed and i got in line for food and the line wasnt that big but still it could be shorter and i just had this feeling to go to the other line on the otherside but i could see the otherside a lil bit and it lookd packed and then i was like "hey the HG is never wrong" so i got out of my place in line which wasnt terribly long in the 1st place and i see that noone is in line at all cuz i guess the new missionaries probly thought that there is only oneline per serving area (this is making no sense probly) but to get to the point i followed th spirit and i saved a few min.
the lord cares bout everything bout u even bout how fast yu get ur food :)

i put soap in this time for laundy bahahaha

im doing pretty good in teachin in all spanish our inv want to get bapt...they are inv from our teachers missions so they try to make it as real as possible

kodey will be great here tell him he should have no worries haha

jeff is in africa that is sweeet

the Argentine mail takes bout 10 days to get to utah
hows lucy still walkn her

dang 3 min
my comp and i are gellin which is good
spanish is going okay still hard but itll come i need to get conjugations down

well im need to go :( love yall miss yall
Love Elder Reginald Roberts


Parts of Reggie's Letter home
 Reggie wrote home a 9 page letter. I am going to type some of it to you. It is so good, I wanted to share. I'm going to type it exactly how he wrote it.
 Mi Familia

Querido Familis
Hows the Bury it is good here

I don't really know what to say cuz I have some stuff I'm going to save for the email

I kinda need a haircut hmm maybe I'll get one Friday. But the Haircutististist aren't really good so I'll probly look like a Tom Jones after ugh hahaha

The other day @ lunch some of the Elders were taking about Pokemon hahaha I'm glad I never got into that stuff & I think I'm the only Elder that knows nothing about it. So it made me happy

Elder Bednar spoke about becoming a "Preach My Gospel Missionary" it was good

My comp said he went to Ryan Sheckler's bday party for his 12th Bday party. Shecker is a sweet skateboarder & he's kind of like one of the best known skaters so it is sweet

So I got to see Paul & Karen & Nancy & Kevin. In our Devotional w/ all the MTC I was thinking oh yeah I should look for them so I stand up for like 20 sec & then I sat down then I stood up for about 10 sec & I look over kind of in front & all 4 of them are waving & giving me thumbs up. I was sitting in the corner (to the speakers left & a little bit behind them) so it was amazing how fast they found me!

Then as we were walking out for dinner I'm kinda zoned in while I was walking then Paul runs up to me and puts his hands on my shoulders and I was like "Heeeyy!" Then we hugged it was sweet!

I'm so glad I get to learn Spanish! I love it. I don't hate anything I can't wait til I can just speak it.

I think Nathan & Andrew said they got it by 6 months (the language) so that will be like Nov, Dec when hopefully I'll be able to do it w/ ease. but who knows it may come earlier. I just need to work hard & do my part & the Lord will do the rest. So when I call home on Christmas (which will be hot by the way hahaha :) ) I will try to be able to say a ton.

Kodey will be great for sure. Its funny to see all the Rooks on Wed they look in shock like deer in headlights it sweet. I might be able to host (pick up new mish) on Wed. Maybe I'll get him. I got some Elder from France "I like hungabooga" haha.

MTC also kind of reminds me of a reverent Scout camp hahaha

I love reading my Pat blessing there is sweet stuff in it.

Can't wait to see the world just being on a freeway or something like that. I hope I get a window seat

I can't think of any other stuff I need for Argentina . . . besides Spanish hahaha

Mark or Matt 8:35 is a tremendous scripture about leaving Babylon behind I'm in Mormon in the B of M. I've read it pretty fast this time. It's been what 5 months since I finished it last. I read 30 min, in B of M for Pers Study time in the morning then I started reading the Doctrine & Covenants yesterday for 30 minutes a day also. Is there any other good places I should specifically read in the Bible?

I've been sleeping great since I started sleeping the other way on my bed cuz now there is no light facing right @ me!

I'll make it a goal to send pics for sure coming upon this nxt fri. Keep reminding me, What do you want pics of haha anywhere particullarly

these last 4 weeks have gone by so quick it feels like a wk or 2!

I hope to teach Manu!!

Oh when they do "haha" in Spanish they do "jaja" cuz J's make the "H" sound

I'm going to attempt to write Spanish here

Hola mi familia, hy es un Buen Dia y me gusta "Preparation Day" luego nosotros iremos a Templo y me y mi companero will (English) Duerme en el noche

yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un Profeta hoy y yo se que Evangelio es verdadero.

me gusta Baloncesto

yo quiero baptismo Manu Ginobili y El familia. Ore en el noche Saber Poco Espanol yo trabajado o Espanol

Elder Dobson es muy comico

!Correo tiempo es como oro! aqui es un poco celestial

You like :)

It reminds me of heaven here cuz everyone is so nice! I have payed in some games dad, they were fun I think I'll start doing that more instead of just shooting. hahah yesterday I was shooting w/ these 2 Elders & I made 3 Freethrows in a row and they were like freaking out how I could make that many in a row & some Elder said, "If you make 10 in a row I'll do 20 push ups!" So what did I do I made the swish like licorish 10 for 10 & I thought they were going to die cuz they were amazed. hahahah I was waiting for them to ask me how many I've made in a row lol but they never did haha (311)

Okay my goal when I leave here is to write 2 pages to you en Espanol

I weigh 150 lbs ahora (now) but it'll probably go down cuz my weight never wants to make up it's mind 150.2 to be exact. I still do 300 everyday my abs are getting good too.

Some Elder (new Elder in district) is from Alabama & you better believe that will bring up "UTAH UTES" "Umm who is better Utah or Alabama" haha then I'll give him a U hand sign or something, Jk I'll be nice about it.

Where are the Roberts from & Smarts cuz some Temple worker last Friday asked me where the Roberts were in like the 1800's and I was like "Ummm idk" aren't we maybe from Wales.

That reminds me @ Gym I was asked my name y (that is & in Espanol) I couldn't think what to say "Elder Roberts, Reggie, Elder Roberts, Reggie?" Going though my head haha so I put Reggie & Roberts together & I made Roberts lol hahaha

Yahoo Isaiah Thomas my man from Wazon was drafted representing the 5'10" club. I need to get his size when I'm home weight wise.

I'm still determined to baptize Mike Tyson in my lifetime and then I want him to punch me just so I can say I've been punched by Mike Tyson. Thats like singing a duet with Michael Jackson.

On Tues or one day this past week me & my comp spoke 90% Spanish maybe 85% cuz Hermano Estivez (our teacher) said that if he will let us speak English in our lessons then we have to go the rest of the week all Spanish except in Pers study time, comp study. The English in the lessons was to me talk more but then Estivez prayed about it and changed his mind on that deal but it was Awesomely fun!

Going to get Almuerzo (lunch) . . .back from getting a sack lunch thanks for waiting for me hahaha

I think when I get to Argentina  I'll have a small breakfast cuz I don't get hungry much anymore & so I can have some room for the Steaks!!!! Idk how I'm going to be able to eat all the food they give me. @ this rate I probably can't get past the whole 1st dish. haha

I told my comp that I've never had Dr. Pepper on my life. He doesn't believe me haha he just opened his up from his mom, he had me take a pic of it.

Just ate peanut butter sandwich & I'm not hungry :( but 'll force it

When I get home I don't want to lose my Espanol  so I want to think, read B of M & pray in Espanol. I can pray pretty good en Espanol.

I just heard Ron Artest wants to change his name to  "Metta World Peace" hahahahahaha that is awesome! I will definatly buy that jersey lol. If you had to change your name what would it be? I would do "I love Jimmer" haha JK or "Made You Look" or "Guess What" but my name is seriously the coolest in the world so I would never change it. Reginald Grant Roberts.

I'll just name my kids those names & hopefully they succeed in life. JK

Love yall
Miss yall
Reggie Roberts #31

I don't think I've written a school project as long as this letter :) hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment