Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Letters 1 and 2

Sorry this is so late - here are Reggie's first and second letters.  He sounds so great!  Here is Letter 1:

Buenos Tardes everyone
Things are going great here, I'm loving every bit of it!
Food is good mom, I'm eating healthy fruits with every meal.  I haven't had any desserts or anything cuz i don't want to get fat.
Fortune from lunch right before dropping Reggie off

A lot of new missionaries are overwhelmed here this first week haha i'm just workin hard and having a blast!

My companion is Elder Sterling from Reno Valley Cali and that is by Riverside so Paul and Karen will be there area mish presidents so that's pretty sweet to know!
He is good to have as a comp. He's sumtimes is a negative nancy haha he'll say "I'll never get this espanol" or "I'm overwhelmed" and stuff like that...I dont like it cuz im positive all the way lol if he says negative stuff it just goes thru one ear out the other, i choose to be happy cuz i dont want to be miserable!

Fortune from lunch right before dropping Reggie off
Espanol es bien i just try to get better everyday at a time one step at a time i'm not stressed about it because i feel blessed to have the chance to learn it so i'm just like "Wahoo Espanol yeah!!" while others choose to be ovewhelmed haha.
"simplicity equals Fast" Cam Newton haha so i try to simplize stuff

I have a bottom bunk so i can pray right by my bed its awesome so i dont have to jump off and on to top!

There are 10 in our district classroom thingy lol the other elders we room w/ are Elder Dobson hes a S.Carolian and has a Forrest Gump accent hahahaha "I love u Jenny" "Life is like a box of chocolates" we have him saying quotes like that hahaha his Companero es Elder Cooper from Texas so hes kinda a Mavs fan but he'll say Ya'll haha. They both crack me up! we also have Hermanas en our district they are always positive and happy so they are positive like me so im not like the only one positive in the room haha.

Reggie's last shot in Stansbury
Workin out is Awesome!! i am keeping up with my 300 push ups a day ill do 30 PU then an ab wrk out then calve raises then 20 Pu abs calves 30 pu abs calves all the way upt to 300 push ups!! so by the time i get home my legs will be cows (get it calves/cows) hahahaha some kids here dont really have a wrkout plan so they just kinda stand haha aftr wrknout i play some ball!! mostly Freethrows!  In a letter to Scott and Alyssa Reggie said that everyone calls him "machine" because he just cranks out his workout without stopping!

My P-days will normally be in Fridays so i will be Emailing Fri so look for me there!!

I wrote home on Fri so that could be there Monday idk

im running out of stuff to say hahaha

oh do i have more socks hidden somewhere in my bag i have about 5-7 pair i guess i dont need anymore i just thought i had more
i may need more notebooks but i guess i could buy them haha

I love you guys
keep praying for me
I got your mail V thx
I g2g ill keep writing letters cuz im not as fast as a typr as a writer lol
p.s. wats the series scores etc. gracias

Adios love
Elder Roberts

Letter 2:

Well hello everyone!!
i just read dads email bout the NBA finals oh man that sounded awesome!!! and Shaq retiring, i will miss him in the game, he is awesome!!

First off dear elders stuff is awesome it probably didnt sound like i got them the 1st time cuz like an hr or so after sending the first email we got mail and so ive received all of them thanks for them they are gorgeous!! Lol I think they said the system wrks where if u send sumthn tues to dear elder then i get them a day later.
Fortune from lunch right before dropping Reggie off
my comp is district leader so i go with him to get mail so i'm always the 1st to get it.! so don't stop dear elders we get mail after lunch and after dinner so twice a day!!

 i love the sports updates don't worry they don't distract me haha

i made a list of stuff i needed to email u guys about cuz last time i forgot sum stuff

we've had 2 fireside things one with elder stephen a allan and then elder packer in the 70 they were pretty good. i guess elder packer was just in England and i was thinking "hey Weston is there!" i got his email by the way

Oh I leave for Argentina on Dads Birthday July 25th so that will be a great day and my service ends on May 28 2013.. sorry mom youll have to wait 3 extra days

Reg and Lucy say farewell for 2 years
I can pray in espanol and bare my testimony also, i think i can talk faster in espanol then in english its weird haha

I got the package of awesome stuff gracias!!! im still trying to figure out how to send pics i heard u have to print them off so idk if i can email them ill check if i have enough time.

Hilarious quote from Elder Dobson the so. car forrest gump talker haha... so in class someone brought up the name Esther and dobson said ´´ Esters when u paint eggs´´ it was so funny!!

i see alot of pple i know here its cool sarah benson, baylan, taylor ware, tyson hutchins, and also our cuzn from Tingey side Elder lowry isnt his name Taylor hes here goin to Chile

on the 1st day here there was a camera in the lunch rm and so i gave them a peace sign while i walked by and i also saw sum kid get interviewd.
 how is lucy doing are u guys walking her haha


At our meals we sit with our district and i eat peanut butter sandwiches to gain weight with every meal, and id always say Peanut butter time, then we learnd about how to tell time and now its a big thing to say ¨´Que hora es¨´..what time is it and one Hermana in our district says Son las peanut butter time.

Dang i have 5 min. ugh

It was cool yesterday everyone started to talk about all their famous relatives and then i was like my uncle is earl tingey and he's tight with the prophet and the 12 and a lot of them came to my gmas funeral and i also metioned kevan i blew them away ... i have the coooolest fam ever!!!! they were shocked
its a mini world here seeing pple from all over the world its cool

Thanks for all the emails letters.. i love letters and dear elders they are fantastic keep them up haha
Fortune from lunch right before dropping Reggie off

Love u all
Miss u all
Love Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment